Sign in to follow this  

Tried the "Fogged In" Wx scenario...I need help (longish)

It's my "haze issue" again...please bear with me as I describe things for you...I know I'm harping hard on this, but...Athlon 900, Radeon9200, 512 RAM etcTerrain Mesh 99, Terr texture high, Terr Detail Land only, Water effects low,Dawn dusk, ext terr text checked. Scenery density very dense, autogen sparse, addon dynam scen sparse, gnd scenery shadows on sunglare/lens flare offVC gauge qual low, Reflections, shadows, Landing lights onSight dist 150mi, Cloud draw dist 40, 3D clouds 10% Detailed clouds medium.Now, I load the "fogged in" weather theme, and my 172 is on the Mil ramp KCOS. All the autogen objects are white (the "fog" texture, I assume), and when I take off (a/p set to 150ft agl) and cruise west, the sky is white (fog I guess), the white autogen objects pepper the normal brown/green ground visible ahead, bizzare looking. The ground extends clearly ahead of me until abruptly meeting the "white wall" which represents the limit of my visibility. After a while, a mountain suddenly builds in front of me as the vertical plane of my limited visibility starts to cut into the foothills. No haze, fog or whatever diminishes my visibility between my airplane and the end of my visible range. Just clear terrain (with the white "fog colored" autogen objects all around) out to the visibility limit, then the "white wall" When I climb a bit, I am above the "fog", the terrain below barely visable thru the fog...this is good. Turning back to the mountains, the ground is foggy, the overcast above is pretty, and the mountains, regardless of the distance, are clear as a bell between the layers. (all at 14-15 pretty fps, mind you...)I wish I knew how to post a screenie, I'm starting to believe I'm seeing things, as noone else has mentioned this. Set your visability to 5 miles, no clouds. Does anyone else out there see any haze? All I ever see is the horizon pulled in to 5 miles, then blue sky. No "gradual" diminishing of the terrain visibility out to 5 miles...Is it just me, or does anyone else out there see this. My FS2K2 does haze fine, but, unless I am in or very near a cloud, In FS9 the terrain around me is clear as the hand in front of my face until it hits the visibility/horizon line. I've tried many different types of weather, all the same...there is no haze/smog/dust/smoke, whatever you call it.Have I lost it or is this really an issue? (or maybe I'm missing something in my setup...FS2K2 is working fine)Thanks for your patience...really trying to figure this out. Meanwhile, I shall continue my testing...Dave JHazeless in KCOS (or anywhere else...)

Here is what I see with fog-geforce ti4200 44.67 drivershttp://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=69766&page=I would expect a driver issue. When I was beta testing I got some similar wierdness-but turned out there were some left over earlier doodoo left from previous drivers. You might want to uninstall your present divers-clean out manually anything left over, then put the latest and greatest on. Good luck!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

The page you requested cannot be displayed.Access Denied The page you requested cannot be displayed because you do not have access to this forum or this forum is currently offline. If you wish to access this forum, please contact the administrator of this site. If you have any questions, please contact the site administrator. Click here to go back to the previous page.

RobdeVries.jpg

I tried to de and reinstall the drivers, in the process (either the CD or the site updated drivers) I get a "red x" Zero Display Service Error, I remember this from the first install. Could be the culprit. I reinstalled my very old Creative Annihilator, I got haze now!! And initial indications are this card works "ok"...amazing considering it's age...Thank you so much for the reply...Dave