Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Gripes with FS2004 install....and Avsim?

Guest PaulL01

OK, Perhaps it is just me perhaps not...Did I just enter the wrong site?I Posted a very informative and detailed post concerning the poor Anti-piracy encryption from Macrovision that MS is using with FS2k4 that will not allow the game to run after it is installed on some syetms that use very common hardware, that is a retail version installation.MS has not been able to resolve this, further the want a few days to work on this...Many tried to help with different good suggestions that sadly do not work...someone posted the only fix that allowed me to at least use the game that I purchased by means of the new CD crack (that everyone will be using soon just like FS2k) which of course does not resolve the issue and I CAN SEE the need to remove THAT reply, But to remove the entire onformative post???I am still a little sore about the disregard for all the work that was lost to help insure that we had some "real" information on what works and what doesn't with FS2k2 image quality, hence the "poof" to all those links.Is this the place to post accurate information regarding FS or not?Tom? PS If I am out of line you can slap me, but right now I feel the need to vent...

Am coming into this late. Didn't see the thread. However, that said, we do not allow posting of links to "cracks" regardless. One of the mods pulled the thread with that policy in mind. Could he have taken the time to go through all the messages (assuming there was more than a couple), yes. But to do so probably would have orphaned many of the messages, and we don't want that either. His call.

Tom - I'm the one who posted the solution to Paul's problem. The link posted was to a N0_CD file just as we had with FS2000. As there was never a problem with posting information on the FS2000 No_CD, I assumed it was OK to do so for FS2004 as well. But, since that's now out-of-bounds, how about posting information on using a virtual CD drive to solve the problem? (Paul's not the only one who is going to have problems with Disk 4).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Ah, OIC... okay, well, can you repost the info on a virtual CD to solve the problem? That would be okay.

Guest PaulL01

>Am coming into this late. Didn't see the thread. However,>that said, we do not allow posting of links to "cracks">regardless. One of the mods pulled the thread with that policy>in mind. That was just >one< of the many replies to that post.Could he have taken the time to go through all the>messages (assuming there was more than a couple), yes. >But to>do so probably would have orphaned many of the messages, and>we don't want that either. Nope, it was one reply.His call.Yep, total disregard.The same that I feel for that moderators >Action