Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

GF 3 TI 200 drivers !!!!!

This message is for all Geforce 3 titanium 200 64 mgsowners..Which driver are u using for best performanceand quality ?? Im now using 29.42 i have good performancewith FS2002 but poor image quality (lots of jagging)using RivaTuner,s tips.I,m in preparation for FS 2004 and i want to have the bestsetting possible.AMD 1900 XPGF3 TI200512 MG RAMThanksLouis

I would try the 44.03 drivers. They are available on Microsoft's update website for WinXP. If you are using Win98/ME, you can get them at http://www.guru3d.com/ . If you are using Win98/ME, make sure you follow the correct uninstall procedures from guru3d.Also make sure you have updated drivers for your MOBO controller chips, i.e., Intel, VIA, SiS, AMD, ALi.W. Sieffert

Guest UweR

Hi, those drivers are the ones I use as well.

I almost have the same setup as you. I'm getting ready to download new drivers now.AMD 1800XP GF3 Ti200512 MB RAMI am off to see what I can do with new drivers, the current one I'm using is 43.45. Once I test them I'll see if I can post some results. Even with these drivers though I get decent performance. I got everything maxed out except the water detail and autogen (dense). I think the problem is with AA. I have tried doing it like Chris mentioned on one of his tips by bypassing the sim and setting FSAA with an external tweaker, it seems like it either doesn't work or it does but not that well because FS2004 seems a little jaggier than FS2002 in my case.Andy

Cheers for the tip guys, I have the TI 500 and after reading a little more into these Detonator FX drivers, I'm giving them a try. Just starting the download (all 18MB of it) on a 56k modem... FUN :(Regards,Adam Nardone

29.42 gave me occassional, but blatently, corrupt texture squares. 44.03 works fine until I fly through clouds, then the sound stutters like crazy.I'm using 30.82 for the best results. Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I have the GF3Ti200 and after much chopping and changing and reading various forum discussions it is the 29.42 for me. The performance and visual quality balance is the crux of this driver. The newer 40.xx drivers are great quality wise but kill performance wise.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

As Gary said 30.82 - that's the way to go. They are also recommended by the guys 'n girls of guru3d as the best. Read the following (it is not only about the "bad" 40.72s:http://www.guru3d.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43120Here is a more general advise, which driver with which boardhttp://www.guru3d.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43043I have tried many, many drivers, but over all I am most stisfied with the 30.82s. If you only look for performance the 40.5s2 are an alternative, but for the price of quality. And what sense does it make to have fast drivers and poor quality? Such a result you can achieve with nearly any driver, by setting back the sliders.BTW you have to patch nearly all detonators up to 39.99 for AA and negative MipmapLOD by using Riva Tuner. From 4x.xx onwards you anly have to patch for negative MipmapLOD.The 3x.xx and higher can also be easily high-level-overclocked by Riva Tuner. Edited because I had forgotten my sys specsP4 2,4 MhzFSB 533GF3 Ti 200 (overclocked to 500)512MB DDRWin XPWhat I wote about the detonators, I have also experienced with my old sysPIII 800 Mhz512MB SDRAMGF3 Ti200 (overclocked to 500)Win MEWolfgang

>>BTW you have to patch nearly all detonators up to 39.99 for AA>and negative MipmapLOD by using Riva Tuner.Off course I meant patching for Anisotropic Filtering (AL) Optimization and not AA (Anti Aliasing).Wolfgang