Sign in to follow this  
Noel

It sounds like FS2004 is ahead of the hardware curve

Well, after reading of all the "issues" with FS2004, it is beginning to sound like MS positioned the product to be functional with most eye candy with TODAY's top end machines. With a two year cycle, it looks like we are fully back on the upgrade bandwagon. I for one am keeping my flawless copy of FS2002 intact, where I can fly any aircraft (man the Piper Meridian is saweet! and my other fav Ratheon Beechjet) and enjoy them with full smoothness. I may end up doing a video card upgrade when the next gen part comes along, but incremental upgrades will probably not cut it with this new version. As someone earlier said, a 4-5GHz machine is apparently in order to obtain the same level of performance as I am enjoying now at 3GHz or slightly less. My copy has not arrived yet, but from all the posts, I'm not quite in the hurry I was a few days ago to get 04 installed.If you have other impressions please feel free to share.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Your smart to stick with FS2002, I have FS2k4 and I'll be doing the same as you. Since I like high altitude airliner flights, FS2k2 is soo much better concerning your viewable distance from the aircraft and clouds don't kill your framerates at 32,000 feet either. I'm starting to think Microsoft dropped the ball on COF...Dell 8300 2.6gig 800FSBATI Radeon 9700pro100gig HD100gig SDRAM

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

dilloll0,WHY are you FLOODING the forum with your haze remarks? Ok there is too much haze for you but come on!! You don't need to respond to EVERY thread THEN create your own on top of it. Stick with 2002, no problem if you don't like the haze. I personally think it's AWESOME instead of the endless baby blue horizon they used to have. Being a real life private pilot as well as a high flier the effect looks good to me. I would LIKE to complain on EVERYWHERE so that Microsoft hears a REAL PROBLEM: ATI 9800 Pro can't use the Learning Center, Kneeboard, & No Undocking from Full Screen Mode.THOSE are more "CRITICAL" issues IMHO. But in the end it's ALL GOOD and I DO understand your pain and no harm meant! :-)

Guest Tumbleweed

....yeah, besides, with a 3 Gig machine, and an ATi 9700 card, how can you be complaining. - You ARE on the high end curve, and Ati i am sure will 'cure' the gliches so many are experiencing.Erich

You guys are right I'll stop writing but I'm interested to see what others responces is to this sim. I'm disappointed to say the least but I'm sure I won't be the only one by a long shot.Take Care Guys...

FS2020 

You mean to say the haze level is not something you can tweak out? Now that is not progress IMO. You ALWAYS want to option to go either way with features like that IMO--a lil slider here, a lil slider there, and what do you know you make more people happy.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I dont see how you are complaing by the looks of your system spec in your sig, Sir.Other people are running FS2k4 on PIII 500's with 256Mb PC100 ram and a Geforce2 for crying out loud and they are getting 20fps!

Buy COF and you'll understand...

FS2020 

I'm using the ATI 9800Pro 128 with the 3.4 drivers and am having no problems using the learning center or kneeboards. Haven't tried the undocking, though. All in all, I'm very satisfied with the 9800/2K4 combo. John Fitzpatrick

It sickens me to see you complain good sir. Look are your system. Then look at the last few posters. We would all be glade to have the performance you must have. Unless theres some knot in your system, I dont see how you could have trouble...

>You guys are right I'll stop writing but I'm interested to>see what others responces is to this sim. Excellent-----I've been stuck with FS2004 for months now.......... on my Athlon 1900XP/Geforce3Ti500! And guess what!!!!!!!!!! I have no intention of returning to FS2002! No body is holding a gun to my head either!!Some flight software is crap! Take CFS3 for instance......But this sim has been "marvelous'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!L.Adasmon

Guest otter55

have bought fs2004,nearing 20 hrs logged so farzero glitchesfps at least as high as 2002 on same pc WITH the great clouds/weatheram running p4 3.06ti 46001 gig ramsons antique pc runs 2004 well also w/ great clouds/weatherp4 1.5gforce 5200 fx768 mg rami believe ms has a real winner on their hands (again)removed fs2002 from my pc last night. old faithfull has been replaced:)don

Guest Fortress

Heh! Just noticed your sig dilloll0. Where can I get a motherboard that supports 100Gig of RAM??!!!Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Well it took some mild trolling, but voila, it looks like 04 should be AOK. Thanks for that. Actually, this negativism must be the usual fresh release stuff, so I should know better than to buy it lock, stock n barrel. Tuesday we know for sure! Man I had a nice fly from Paradise Skypark, up the Feather River Canyon, and up to Fall River Mills today. So saweet in that Meridian! Noel

Noel