Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

No SP Install.

Hello everyone.I received the 747-400 over the Holidays, it's a Best Buy purchase, and it will not install on my original FSX, no SPs. I have the Acceleration pack but I have no intention of installing it, or any of the SPs in the future.Is there a way around it?My guess is BB will not accept as a return if open, any body know?Thank you. TV

Please sign your full name on your posts in this forum per forum rules, Thanks.Why on earth would you not want to install SP1 or SP2? They both fix major issues and GREATLY improve frame rate.To the best of my memory 747X needs SP1 installed before it will proceed.Why not install Acceleration? I recently got the FSX Gold which has Accel, and I have installed it a few times now without issue. I'm sure you may know, but to throw it out there, Acceleration installs both SP1 & SP2 so there is no need to insall them after installing Acceleration.Most addon's (all that I use I believe) require you to have at the very least SP1.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Dan, I ask myself that same question. Performance is greatly improved with the updates. Dan the next time you do a clean install, go onto gamespy and you will see more rooms there than on the acceleration/sp2 update. Its kind of sad actually.Taylor Oldham