Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

"Failed to Read from File"

Had FSX shut down a couple of time in the middle of a flight with the Error Message "Failed to Read from File" Anyone know what this means ?Dave Hinson

Had FSX shut down a couple of time in the middle of a flight with the Error Message "Failed to Read from File" Anyone know what this means ?Dave Hinson
Don't know what it means but the few times I've had it happen I was usually about at the limit of my pagefile. I don't think it has anything to do with an FSX program file being bad. I just reboot and watch the pagefile size in system monitor. Save and restart the flight at about 2G instead of pushing it up to 3 or 4.Loyd

This happen at the same place and time? Any addons?? If FSX generates an error report 9 times out of 10 you can poke around thru what the error report contains and track it down yourself. Ive had a few occasions where an AI aircraft had a wrong entry in it's config file. Once in a great while the scenery.cfg might not be correct for whatever reason (probably due from adding a gazilliion AFCADS) and just opening the scenery library and shutting it down will cause FSX to rebuild the scenery database.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest Nils79

Hi,i got the same error as i was using WinXP (32) and Filemon often showed an error with a Horizon VFR GenX BGL.I'm not sure if the BGL was faulty or if it was a memory related problem.I did never get that error under Vista64 and Win7 64.

Thanks for all the input. I will check logfiles to see where the problem might be.Dave Hinson

Couldn't find the appropriate logfile. Is it a "logfile" or an "errorfile" ? And where might it be ?Thanks

Thanks for all the input. I will check logfiles to see where the problem might be.Dave Hinson