Sign in to follow this  
Guest jmarcure

FS2k2 100 Steps forward FS2k4 20 steps back...

Thanks. Those settings work OK for me. I've got a similar system, P4 2.4, 512 MB RAM, GeForce FX 5200. I could probably use a better video card in the future, but for now, I get decent results.thx,John

Geofa et al,Thanks all for your comments. I don't have any 3rd party aircraft installed in FS2004 so it can't be old gauges. The numbers I am gettting are based on the stock 737. I have already uninstalled the drivers once and gone back to the 3.1 driver. I might give the 3.2 a try. I also have antialiasing turned off in FS2004.I do have FS2004 installed on the same partition as FS2002 but there doesn't seem to be any interaction.Tom

Guest jmarcure

>Also-do turn off the fps counter-just like fs2002 the flight>becomes smoother when one stops watching it.What

Here is a follow up to the apparent video card problems.I called ATI and their tech says it is either a motherboard problem or a FS2004 problem but not theirs. I find this difficult to believe.Tom

Yawn... Whatever. As a flight simmer for 15 years and a licensed real-world pilot, FS2004 is the best flight simulator ever. For me, there's no comparison to FS2002. FS2004 is far superior. I like this sim just the way it is. I was just thinking the other day at how far we have come with flight simulation just in the past few years. My best friend (also an avid flight simmer) agrees.Now if I can figure out how to get all my GoFlight equipment to work with the new sim...AMD Athlon XP 2400512 MB DDR PC270080 GB HDGeforce 4 Ti4600Windows 2000