Sign in to follow this  
M_Chahine

record your own custom voice sets

Hi there !I would like to know please how can I make a whole custom voice set for RC4 pilots.I recorded all 1796 phrases and words that can be found in ...\winwood\0 folder, using Free File Editor with the current settings : 11khz and 8bit MONO.Please teach me step by step how to do this task because after 2 days of VERY VERY hard work I was able to hear my voice on FSX as a RC4 pilot for only 3 phrases:1- Clearance delivery was good2- Ground pushback and start3- The confirmation I gave to ground was heard.4- CRITICAL PHASE, when I had been asked to monitor tower I pressed "7" on keybrd and RC4 crashed .I thought there was a corrupted file in that case the word "monitor" could have been corrupted, so I checked it and replaced it by a new file a recorded... No hope !Im attaching my debug and the custom voice set I created please check them for me and tell me where I went wrong !Thanksattachement:Debugging:http://www.mediafire.com/?zwfdnmyl1yyhttp://www.mediafire.com/?hyiznhjtzzdhttp://www.mediafire.com/?1Custom voice set:http://www.mediafire.com/?hyiznhjtzzderror.gif

50 views NO REPLY ? JD would you please look out for my request ? PLease anyone help !
i will look at it. but if you remember, when you asked how you could do this several weeks ago, my reply was that it wasn't a good idea.i'll give it a look, again, when i have some spare time.if you use a voice that came with 4.3 as pilot, everything works, right?and you added a callsign, that isn't in any of the supplied pilots or controller sets, right?did you put that wav file in every controller set?did you change the c4.csv file?jd

i will look at it. but if you remember, when you asked how you could do this several weeks ago, my reply was that it wasn't a good idea.i'll give it a look, again, when i have some spare time.if you use a voice that came with 4.3 as pilot, everything works, right?and you added a callsign, that isn't in any of the supplied pilots or controller sets, right?did you put that wav file in every controller set?did you change the c4.csv file?jd
It all started when I thought it will be great if I could have Thomson call sign among all the RC4 call signs. So I recorded a wav file and thanks to your help I learned it should be 11khz 8bit MONO, so I placed this file in all the winwood pilots and controllers folders except for the women one witch I prefer to use the wav with my fianc

It all started when I thought it will be great if I could have Thomson call sign among all the RC4 call signs. So I recorded a wav file and thanks to your help I learned it should be 11khz 8bit MONO, so I placed this file in all the winwood pilots and controllers folders except for the women one witch I prefer to use the wav with my fianc

during this email exchange a while back, i explained that the v5 script is larger, some files are renamed, and recording a v4 script would be a benefit for v5.do this. duplicate the problem, with a log, and send me the files \winwood\ctrlr.wav and \winwood\pilot wav when rc crashes.
Hey JD ! guess what ? :( It seems that I solved the problem matey !So as I said before the program crashes when I had to reply "Monitor Tower on 128.35" witch is Malpensa Tower's frequency... I must say I was very fortunate to have this solved because I reinstalled RC4 than I had my call sing as : ZULU 3581, when I replaced John Dekker's wav set with mine I opened RC4 and selected "General" to choose a call sign, I decided to leave it as ZULU Three Five Eight One, I opened "Voices" in RC4 to check that on "John Dekker" I will have my voice, and Voil

Hey JD ! guess what ? :( It seems that I solved the problem matey !So as I said before the program crashes when I had to reply "Monitor Tower on 128.35" witch is Malpensa Tower's frequency... I must say I was very fortunate to have this solved because I reinstalled RC4 than I had my call sing as : ZULU 3581, when I replaced John Dekker's wav set with mine I opened RC4 and selected "General" to choose a call sign, I decided to leave it as ZULU Three Five Eight One, I opened "Voices" in RC4 to check that on "John Dekker" I will have my voice, and Voil

you're not going to be able to test every wav, by a couple of flights. you might as well let explorer display all the important info about the files, and look for the odd-balls.i don't have skype. what dictionary are you talking about? if you send me an email about volunteering for doing a v5 script, i'll pass it along to the beta tester in charge of that aspect of v5, and he will contact you when we're ready.jd
I tried to see what I can with the details in explorer but it didn't help so much...The dictionary was an ironic way to say that it is much easier to talk than write a lot of lines on the forum :( Ill send you the email ASAP, Thanks JD