Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexbieniek

Install help

Guest alexbieniek

after reinstalling FSX deluxe twice, it never asked me to enter a product key at all and it does not show online play either. anyone maybe know what is up with my fsx?

Yes... get a registry cleaner and get rid of the stale entries that are left over after BSoD's, CTD's and other nasty happenings.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest alexbieniek

do you know of any that will do the job?im quite clueless.

We were all clueless once! Here, Alex: this will give you a clue, so you will no longer be clueless:http://asknerd.net/index.php?option=com_co...CFQmfnAodl0m1HwThe one I use is called "Registry Healer", from http://www.zoneutils.com/regheal/index.htm and cost U$20, but there are a goodly number of others. I've had zero problems with it, but someone else may care to make a different recommendation.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest alexbieniek
We were all clueless once! Here, Alex: this will give you a clue, so you will no longer be clueless:http://asknerd.net/index.php?option=com_co...CFQmfnAodl0m1HwThe one I use is called "Registry Healer", from http://www.zoneutils.com/regheal/index.htm and cost U$20, but there are a goodly number of others. I've had zero problems with it, but someone else may care to make a different recommendation.
thank you.I got Registry Patrol, one listed in that article.How do i specifically clear FSX stuff now? So confusing

So first - copy your user files, Alex, such as the FSX.cfg and the logbook.bin, plus any saved situations you might have.. these can go anywhere on the pc, so that you can copy them back to the sim when you've completed the regclean and the FSX reinstall.Next - uninstall SP2, then FSX; Reboot.Run the program: it will look for, and fix any errors it finds in the registry - including FSX errors.Reboot:Install FSX from the two DVD's, start it once, so it can create its config libraries, then shut it down.Reboot once more. Now install SP1 & 2 (or Acceleration)Do a last reboot and then do your general setup and housekeeping until you're satisfied. This will take a couple of hours, but it should fix your problem - OK?

Guest alexbieniek

thank you for the help, really appreciate it.