Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

Phrase "Fine" seems to get heard a lot...

Bryan: One thing I've noticed is that the program seems to think I keep saying "fine". I'll just be sitting there and the green bar pops up with "Captain: 'Fine'".I thought it might have been my mic picking up background noise, so I went out and bought another that supposedly had good background noise attenuation; unfortunately, I still get the same thing.It hasn't really caused any problems yet, just wanted to let you know.James

Hi JamesI'd say it's normal. As long as those little words don't trigger any actions, it's not a problem. The speech recognition system has a tendency to misinterpret ambient sounds as short single words, but that never caused problem.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Hi JamesI'd say it's normal. As long as those little words don't trigger any actions, it's not a problem. The speech recognition system has a tendency to misinterpret ambient sounds as short single words, but that never caused problem.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png
The speech recognition system will pick up all sorts of stuff. Blow your nose and it'll pick it up and think you're saying something.The great thing about the way FS2Crew does voice control is that I tie all the possible commands, phrases, to conditions.This greatly reduces the likelihood of the FO doing something you'd never want him to do.So if for example you yawn while parked at the gate, and the speech recognition thinks you said "Gear Up", the FO will not set gear up because the necessary conditions for a gear up command to work won't have been met. Such conditions, to illustrate, are like the aircraft has to be in takeoff mode, the wheel have to be off the ground, and so on.Hope that makes sense.Cheers,

And again, my personal preference is that once you're comfortable with the procedure and commands, you should turn the green bar off :( banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png