Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Gate Keeper . How to use it?

Yesterday I installed the "Gate Keeper" and I am trying to use it in FS2004. Part of the instrutions for it says, " Highlite the line in the grid that you want. Click the SET GATE BUTTON. " I do NOT have or see a "Set gate button". What is he talking about ??I am also using, FDC, RC4 and FS Build. I put the arrival gate number into RC4 and tried to put it into the Gate Keeper program, but I didn't see that "Set Gate' button. When I arrived at my destination airport RD4 told me to go to the gate that I had selected ( before the flight) but I don't know what intry that I made, made this happen. Was it when I put the arrival gate into RC4 OR into the Gate Keeper OR both of them? Does anyone know how all of this works togather? Thanks jerrycwo4

I will help you.What version of GateKeeper do you have?I am using version 1.3.7 for FS9.First do a plan using FSBuild KTOL-KORD so we both are using the same data.Post back here and we will take the next step.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi.. im trying to use gatekeeper 1.3.7 too.. with out success!!! I saw that gatekeeper works with fsbuild (but im using fs commander) and the default flightplan (and im trying to change it)... does it works with default flightplan generated by fs commander?

Just to verify:Are you using FS9 with GateKeeper?What exactly is not working?

Best Regards,

What exactly is not working? What are you doing (clicking on) etc?Or do a screenshot for me to look at.

Best Regards,

english is not my mother language... sorry.
Just like for most of us here, so there is no need to be sorry. :(

"320flyerSorry Vonmar.. everytime that i load gatekeeper i can get only the parking code of departure airport ..."Correct, you should be able to assign any departure gate you want to from the list." and can

Best Regards,

I've been talking (email) with the Gate Keeper's author, the guy that made it. He had a need to assign a DEPARTURE gate from his departure airport and a flight plan OUTSIDE of Fs2004. His program has NOTHING to do with an ARRIVAL gate at your destination airport. The only thing his "arrival" button can do is to show you the LIST of the gates at the destination airport, not assign one. It cann't assign one or keep one open for your parking when you arrive at your destination airport. I can put an arrival gate number at the destination airport with Radar Contact 4, but as yet, I'm not sure that this also keeps this gate open for me to park there. Anyone know how to make sure FS2004 keeps your arrival gate OPEN for you until you get there? How do you do it? jerrycwo4

A few post up I mentioned in response to a post:" and can

Best Regards,

There's a reason why a traffic zapper function was added to later versions of FSUIPC. If you have a registered version you can manually run it.The question bantered around was once you "opened" a gate before it came into view what's to keep another AI from getting into it before you get there.

Thanks Vonmar! I thought that i could assign the destination parking code before start the flight. Im using windows XP SP3 yet.. and... so.. i think ill uninstall the software. Thanks again!