Sign in to follow this  
apomet

A small trick in order to get an arrival gate

Until RC 5 is released, a small trick that allows me to be assigned to a parking gate after arrival.After RC gives you "taxi to the ramp" you turn it off,it gives you the option.When RC is off then you open the ATC window and you tune ground and then you ask for a gate.ATC gives you the gate and also you can turn on progressive taxi or use Follow-me 1.0 to get to the gate.The only problem is that often this gate is occupied by AI aircraft.I am using UT2 and I do not know how I could solve this problem.If you have any idea tell me.In order to be able to use default ATC after you turn off RC without interfering to RC you have only to have checked in the General settings of FSX "Show message log in ATC menu".This is not going to affect RC at all in any stage of the flight.Try that and tell me if it works.If you have any other suggestion please let me know.To tell the truth I prefer to be assigned to a gate than having to go around to the airport looking for an empty gate or having to modify every afcad in order to have always an empty gate..