Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

FS upgrade Problems

Hi,I jsut bought a new computer with windows 7. Installed FS 9 and downloaded the FS9.1 upgrade patch. As i want to install it, it always tells me that the version 9.1 has already been installed - But its not as i check. What shall i do ?Thanks Marek from LOWW

Hi,I jsut bought a new computer with windows 7. Installed FS 9 and downloaded the FS9.1 upgrade patch. As i want to install it, it always tells me that the version 9.1 has already been installed - But its not as i check. What shall i do ?Thanks Marek from LOWW
If you Right Click on your FS9.exe file and select Properties, what Version does it say you have?That should be a more accurate way of determining Ver number - as opposed to the Help/About in the sim.Also, can we assume the exe file is the original one which came with FS2004 (FS9) and not a NOCD patched version?

Opa hit it right on the head -- you may already HAVE a patched version. Please do as he suggests and let us know what you find, if only for future posterity.

When i open FS and go to the version - it says FS 9.0 - NOT fs9.1. So i have the old version and cant get the upgrade to work.Marek

No, do as Opa said: right click the FS9.exe and choose "properties" (so, don't look for the version of the sim in-game). What is the version displayed in the properties box of FS9.exe?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Super thanks, it was the Backupfolder. GreatMarek
If you had a folder named Backup, then you apparently had done an incomplete un-install prior to installing FS2004 again.May I suggest you get a copy of this file and review it carefully as it outlines the proper way to completely remove FS2004. This information may be useful in the future. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=123907Glad to hear you got it up and running again.