Sign in to follow this  
OPS1

CFG tweek?

On the LEVLD 763 when i deactivate the reverse thrust, the reverse thrust doors stays open for about 10 seconds until the engies are at idle and have spooled down. I want to have this effect on my CS757. On the CS757 the doors when deactivated just slam shut straight away and then because of the effect the aircraft slightly speeds back up until the engines are back down to idle, when it then starts to slow rapidly again. So if i can do somthing in the CFG file for this, it would be great and more realistic. Anyone done this before???

Wowk,Strange problem because normally you should only be able to initiate reverse thrust when your throttles are at idle and by, e.g. by pressing F2. De-activating the reverse thrust is usually done by momentarily (a fraction of a second) increasing the throttles when the speed has been reduced sufficiently. In any case, for all aircrafts using reversers (also some turboprops) check their aircraft.cfg file [GeneralEngineData] sections. There should be an entry in each of them reading: min_throttle_limit= -0.25 (minus zero point two five). The (jet) reverser doors should stay open from the moment you press F2 until you momentarily increase your throttles.Good luck.Hans

On the LEVLD 763 when i deactivate the reverse thrust, the reverse thrust doors stays open for about 10 seconds until the engies are at idle and have spooled down. I want to have this effect on my CS757. On the CS757 the doors when deactivated just slam shut straight away and then because of the effect the aircraft slightly speeds back up until the engines are back down to idle, when it then starts to slow rapidly again. So if i can do somthing in the CFG file for this, it would be great and more realistic. Anyone done this before???
Cheers will give it ago. What i mean is i activate reverse thrust by pressing F2 then between 60-70 KTS i disengage it by pressing F1. I want the effect so when i press F1, the reverse thrust doors stay open for a short period of time to let the engines spool down. Then shut after the engines are fully at idle. Is that the CFG Engine data you mean?

Wowk,Strange problem because normally you should only be able to initiate reverse thrust when your throttles are at idle and by, e.g. by pressing F2. De-activating the reverse thrust is usually done by momentarily (a fraction of a second) increasing the throttles when the speed has been reduced sufficiently. In any case, for all aircrafts using reversers (also some turboprops) check their aircraft.cfg file [GeneralEngineData] sections. There should be an entry in each of them reading: min_throttle_limit= -0.25 (minus zero point two five). The (jet) reverser doors should stay open from the moment you press F2 until you momentarily increase your throttles.Good luck.Hans
I tell you what ill try and do a video tonight and post it on U Tube. then post it here. I may sound very picky, but i want an aircraft as realistic as possible, and it's the littlest things like this what FS designers need to think about! :( !

Cheers will give it ago. What i mean is i activate reverse thrust by pressing F2 then between 60-70 KTS i disengage it by pressing F1. I want the effect so when i press F1, the reverse thrust doors stay open for a short period of time to let the engines spool down. Then shut after the engines are fully at idle. Is that the CFG Engine data you mean?
Here is the video ive made to trie to describe it a bit more clearly.: ::: [/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ImzCpr0m9M

In FS9 the visible opening jet engine reverser system is a hard coded animation which is part of certain aircraft models, just like e.g. rotating wheels, moving flaps, spoilers, opening (cargo) doors, etc. Some of these hard coded animations, e.g. rotating wheels when moving on the ground, are automatic and others are not, e.g. Shift + E will visibly open/close exit doors and F2 will initiate the reverser system. However, pressing F1 at any time after pressing F2 will result in all or at least part of the FS reverser process being short circuited and will certainly not cause the reverser animation to continue for any length of time after the reverser sounds have subsided (what you call "have spooled down"). Momentarily increasing the throttles will not do this either but will cause the reverser sound to subside earlier. Moreover, any real pilot will certainly not want any part of his reverser system to automatically stay active for any length of time after he has purposely shut it down and has begun using his wheel brakes.I do not agree with you that FS designers should address this "problem", simply because it's not a problem.Hans

In FS9 the visible opening jet engine reverser system is a hard coded animation which is part of certain aircraft models, just like e.g. rotating wheels, moving flaps, spoilers, opening (cargo) doors, etc. Some of these hard coded animations, e.g. rotating wheels when moving on the ground, are automatic and others are not, e.g. Shift + E will visibly open/close exit doors and F2 will initiate the reverser system. However, pressing F1 at any time after pressing F2 will result in all or at least part of the FS reverser process being short circuited and will certainly not cause the reverser animation to continue for any length of time after the reverser sounds have subsided (what you call "have spooled down"). Momentarily increasing the throttles will not do this either but will cause the reverser sound to subside earlier. Moreover, any real pilot will certainly not want any part of his reverser system to automatically stay active for any length of time after he has purposely shut it down and has begun using his wheel brakes.I do not agree with you that FS designers should address this "problem", simply because it's not a problem.Hans
Ok thanks, but iam very picky when it comes to a decent payware aircraft. Like on the CS757 the strobes blink, in real life they "flash". Same with anti collision lights on a 757. The one at the top and bottom both flashes at the same time. On most FS aircraft they blink out of time and not together. Same with the logo light switch on the CS757, its not operational. And what makes me mad with Payware aircraft like the CS and PMDG models. They have a moving tiller to control the nose wheel, in FS you can't function the tiller without moving the rudder pedals. Same with the night lights reflections on payware aircraft. Like when the landing lights are activated they should illuminate the inside of the engines, and the lights from the windows should illuminate onto the wings. This can be done but Fs designers seem to rush and forgtet these "small" details. It's the same when if you brake sharply the nose gear should slightly bounce. Again it's possible to do all this but payware aircraft don't seem to have these small detailed animations. I know the designers have a lot on there hands but come on, they should include little things like this to make a "unique" FS Aircraft. Thats where LEVLD comes in ;)

1 - Light effects and their timing are controlled by FS, not the developer. If you have an aircraft who has 'lights' that are synced every single time... they're not light effects but rather embedded items in the 3D model. Honest.2 - The throttle reverse in FS is controlled by FS, not the developer. 100%, no exception.3 - There is no 'tiller' in FS. Period. Even the LDS 767 doesn't have a tiller, it's still using the rudder.4 - There is absolute no actual lighting in FS. There's a nifty setting in the FS config that sets how many light sources... except, it doesn't actually do anything. There are no light sources in FS.You clearly don't understand the difference between what the sim itself is capable of versus what a developer is willing to do outside the 'box' and at what development cost. To correct this issue, I suggest you develop your own commercial aircraft addon. You'll quickly learn what the sim does and does not do and how much it costs to develop things the sim doesn't do.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 - Light effects and their timing are controlled by FS, not the developer. If you have an aircraft who has 'lights' that are synced every single time... they're not light effects but rather embedded items in the 3D model. Honest.2 - The throttle reverse in FS is controlled by FS, not the developer. 100%, no exception.3 - There is no 'tiller' in FS. Period. Even the LDS 767 doesn't have a tiller, it's still using the rudder.4 - There is absolute no actual lighting in FS. There's a nifty setting in the FS config that sets how many light sources... except, it doesn't actually do anything. There are no light sources in FS.You clearly don't understand the difference between what the sim itself is capable of versus what a developer is willing to do outside the 'box' and at what development cost. To correct this issue, I suggest you develop your own commercial aircraft addon. You'll quickly learn what the sim does and does not do and how much it costs to develop things the sim doesn't do.
I do understand, and i know my self through experience of many Payware and freeware aircraft that all these features are different. I thought the atual CFG controlled these settings. The only payware aircraft what cracks it for me is the leveld 763. Because it does most of what i said above. The anti collision lights flash at the same time, the logo light IS operational and the atual reverse thrust doors are set just like in the real world. So im thinking why has LEVELD only achieved all this unique realism? And other addons havn't? So i believe its all got to do with the devolopers. And im not pulling any FS developer down at all, they all do great jobs and put so much effort into stuff like this, what im saying is that no aircraft in the FS world, is completley accurate to a real world aircraft as it's the little bits like this what let it down. Don't get me wrong the flight tuning and geomatary is stunning. Im sorry for been a bit arsey and picky, I just want an aircraft as realistic as possible!

Even the LDS has flaws... if you know what to look for.All aircraft addons have their issues. Every one of them.To get what you want... the price should start at around $300, base. Doubt you want to pay that much. :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69