Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

top developers who stop short of a complete variant package

Guest 413X3

For me the biggest disappointments I have are:level-D = ignoring freighter fans and -200 fans by only releasing a -300ER (not sure what they are doing with a 757 but I would not be shocked if they only built a passenger -200)PMDG = not releasing a BBJ for the NG (and they also said no BBJ for the NGv2...), not releasing a -400ER, -400ERFFlytampa = releasing only a retro version of Hong Kong not the latest

Guest FSXBuster

You are so right...What about Aerosoft releasing scenery (Madeira etc.) where you can't see the airport for shimmer!They didn't care to mipmap the textures, NO TIME - GOT VERDOMME! - yelled a certain "Flying Dutchman" over there...We need to make some money so I can buy more sportscars and maybe a chateau or 2 or 3 in France...Chicago X, hmmm...? I won't even comment on that weird dump... It's a lost project they scraped up from the floor somewhere, yeeks...Venice, Italy? I won't even go into that.Manhattan X? Turn sliders down to minimum.... Ooops! Why do I not run FS9 instead?San Fransisco? Only parts of the town is "Aerosoft" - the rest is default, looks utterly stupid. No nightlights too...Do I have to go on? No...Oh yes, a new B52 from Captain Sim, I think it is... But you only get the "shell" (OK english?) - the rest VC etc - will hopefully get published later...Damn - I should sell software to Happy Simmers, it's sooo easy!

Guest FlyingBits
You are so right...What about Aerosoft releasing scenery (Madeira etc.) where you can't see the airport for shimmer!They didn't care to mipmap the textures, NO TIME - GOT VERDOMME! - yelled a certain "Flying Dutchman" over there...We need to make some money so I can buy more sportscars and maybe a chateau or 2 or 3 in France...Chicago X, hmmm...? I won't even comment on that weird dump... It's a lost project they scraped up from the floor somewhere, yeeks...Venice, Italy? I won't even go into that.Manhattan X? Turn sliders down to minimum.... Ooops! Why do I not run FS9 instead?San Fransisco? Only parts of the town is "Aerosoft" - the rest is default, looks utterly stupid. No nightlights too...Do I have to go on? No...Oh yes, a new B52 from Captain Sim, I think it is... But you only get the "shell" (OK english?) - the rest VC etc - will hopefully get published later...Damn - I should sell software to Happy Simmers, it's sooo easy!
what he said!

The only one I don't agree with is Fly Tampa's Hong Kong.After Orbx, it's the best scenery ever created for FSX. I can only imagine what Martin could do with Rio de Janeiro or NYC and the 4 surrounding main airports.I just think that Fly Tampa is one of the best. I would not put them into a category of developers that doesn't finish a project.It would be great if they could update the fs9 airports. But, they don't have to.I do agree that many developers release unfinished sceneries or sceneries with texture issues. By now they should know how to design trees that don't shimmer.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

HelloAm I missing something here, you bought an Aerosoft scenery which did not come up to the standards that you expected.thats fair enough but why would you keep buying scenery after scenery from them and being disappointed every time.Thats not very smart is it?Or were these "nothing wrong with a bit of sharing between friends" type of purchases like your operating systems.Please stop this agenda against Aerosoft, either that or just stop buying from them

Guest 413X3

I don't have a problem with Flytampa releasing the old Hong Kong, I just wish they would also release a more up to date version of the city and new airport as wellAlso wish they would update their other airports like KMIA

Please stop this agenda against Aerosoft, either that or just stop buying from them
I stopped buying...

David Porrett

HelloAm I missing something here, you bought an Aerosoft scenery which did not come up to the standards that you expected.thats fair enough but why would you keep buying scenery after scenery from them and being disappointed every time.Thats not very smart is it?Or were these "nothing wrong with a bit of sharing between friends" type of purchases like your operating systems.Please stop this agenda against Aerosoft, either that or just stop buying from them
In all fairness, Aerosoft is more the vendor and not the developer, of which they have a few that develop for them and as such, every product they sell is of a different standard/quality. I have some great products from them and I have a few that I will never buy if I know it is the same developer.One thing for the Op to keep in mind, not every developer has the same knowledge/skill set, otherwise all products would be of the same quality. You can't fault an addon for not including something another has either because of design decisions or lack of knowledge/skill. I happen to agree with some of the aerosoft addons mentioned which is why I avoid those particular developers till they either lose the attitude, gain some knowledge or just make better design decisions.

Best, Michael

KDFW

There are several reasons why developers do not create every model for a given aircraft type. I'll list a couple I can think of...1. Data. Developers who care about what they are creating will only take the time to create a model that they have the DATA for. If the data is not available, then development for a particular model is not done. If the developers have access to a given model, all the better.2. Options options options. Airline options don't count as a model. Boeing offers thousands of options that airlines either buy or don't buy. It simply isn't possible to offer all the options in one sim add-on. Therefore, most sane developers choose ONE AIRCRAFT and ONE SET OF OPTIONS to concentrate on.So, let's say both those obstacles have been solved, or are no longer a factor. 3. Cost. Want all the variants? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_767 How long is that going to take, and how much is that going to cost the consumer? Will the consumer pay the higher price? 4. Time. Development of an aircraft simulator takes THOUSANDS of hours of development. THOUSANDS. That's why it takes so long for really good products to be released.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest UlfB
Damn - I should sell software to Happy Simmers, it's sooo easy!
Sure. But a lot harder than whining about add ons that you don't like :(Edited: BTW Aerosoft published one of the best sceneries that I have. The Dillingham X. And this was about two years before you became a member here on Avsim. Edited by UlfB

Don't put all the blame on the developers.If people wouldn't buy a half finished product, then the developers wouldn't release them until finished.If you bought one of those incomplete airplanes, you haveno one to blame but yourself.Don't buy them until they're completely finished and that will put an end to this crap.Keep buying them and more and more developers will startdoing the same.

For me the biggest disappointments I have are:level-D = ignoring freighter fans and -200 fans by only releasing a -300ER (not sure what they are doing with a 757 but I would not be shocked if they only built a passenger -200)PMDG = not releasing a BBJ for the NG (and they also said no BBJ for the NGv2...), not releasing a -400ER, -400ERFFlytampa = releasing only a retro version of Hong Kong not the latest
The whole point of the Fly Tampa release was to do Kai Tak, due to popular demand (love that checkerboard approach). ImagineSim has done the modern.DJ