Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

top developers who stop short of a complete variant package

What we need are more professional reviewers.
I second that. At least get some qualified real-world pilots to review aircraft addons. Am tired of reading about "bump-mapping" and "30 different liveries" then finding the aeroplane flies like a dog when I buy it.Sorry for the thread drift...TrafficPilot

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Am tired of reading about "bump-mapping" and "30 different liveries" then finding the aeroplane flies like a dog when I buy it.TrafficPilot
That sums up my experience of the CS 767..

I am not a huge fan of Aerosoft and their work, but I take exception to people publicly defaming Mathjius Kock(SP?), he is an employee of the company, which he clearly states in his FSbreak interview. As the public face of the company he gets alot of inappropriate personal attacks, it's uncouth and more importantly it doesn't actually solve any problems.For every xxxxx Aerosoft turns out they also make some great stuff, lets not lose sight of that... ex. the twin otter, beaver, and the Lisbon Airport.You can make your opinion known by choosing not to purchase their stuff, there's no need to go after one guy in a 60+ employee organization.

Guest FSXBuster
I am not a huge fan of Aerosoft and their work, but I take exception to people publicly defaming Mathjius Kock(SP?), he is an employee of the company, which he clearly states in his FSbreak interview. As the public face of the company he gets alot of inappropriate personal attacks, it's uncouth and more importantly it doesn't actually solve any problems.For every xxxxx Aerosoft turns out they also make some great stuff, lets not lose sight of that... ex. the twin otter, beaver, and the Lisbon Airport.You can make your opinion known by choosing not to purchase their stuff, there's no need to go after one guy in a 60+ employee organization.
I guess this one was directed at me?How old are you?Do you have any experience in an international business environment where production and profit is above everything else?I have this experience and I can assure you it doesn't matter rats *** if it's cars, airplanes, food or softdrinks that you sell, the bottomline IS profit!I have a feeling that the ordinary positive and brighteyed happy flightsimmer most of the time is NOT grounded here on earth, but prefer to live in the rosy red skies of beauty and Flightsim Neverland, and I surely understand that, but it's not the real world. The real world is uggly and filled with sleazy salespeople who want to sell, and sell no matter what methods they use!That's my point with Aerosoft and their "Flying Dutchman" salesperson/spokesperson, or whatever he is...Look at their forum and the obvious problems with many of the products.An example:Madeira People have complained about the flickering and shimmer at the airport. The textures are not mip-mapped, people are told to do that themselves by downloading a patch and a tool!Look at the thread: "Why I get +50 FPS and you don't"It's an arrogant statement and a "Pied Pipers Tale", made to lure FSX kid's into buying something they can't run with their 600 USD computer their dads gave them...It's a shame, and I'm glad that my post over there made Monsieur Kok close it. Thank you, no more mis-information.Aerosoft have made great add-ons, YES - but their strategy have changed, it's now production and quick sales as focus, hence the problems with the latest add-ons.Look at Chicago X, it's a disgrace to sell a product like that!BTW: I like their F16 a lot, but why, oh why make an aircraft that's almost impossible to fly on an ordinary PC?Look what you can do with the frame-friendly and outstanding L-39 Albatros from Lotus Sim?It IS possible to make quality and good performing add-ons for FSX, but it takes TIME - so IMO, don't expect those from Aerosoft anymore.

I think you are missing my point, it's perfectly fine to be unhappy with their products and to discuss that in an open forum, however defaming ONE GUY at Aerosoft, saying he is SOLELY responsible for their quality is unproductive, it fixes nothing.BTW, since you asked I am a 35 year old physician who owns an imaging center in the USA, so I think I know a little about how business works.

For me the biggest disappointments I have are:level-D = ignoring freighter fans and -200 fans by only releasing a -300ER (not sure what they are doing with a 757 but I would not be shocked if they only built a passenger -200)PMDG = not releasing a BBJ for the NG (and they also said no BBJ for the NGv2...), not releasing a -400ER, -400ERFFlytampa = releasing only a retro version of Hong Kong not the latest
Considering the shrinking audience and closure of ACES, I am glad that we have a few really.......talented developers out there who still create fantastic products for FSX. I for one would rather have PMDG or Level-D release one variant of a highly detailed aircraft on-time rather than slipping the schedule to satisfy all fringes of the community. They have to meet payroll and pay taxes just like the rest of us. I don't get too excited about having all variants of the aircraft available at release. I prefer the developers to have the ability to focus in-depth on one variant and get...it...right.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Guest j0nx

I too stopped buying aerosoft. Them not providing any support for me falling through the metlife building in my helo was the final straw. I wonder how they release some of the things they have in the past year or so without feeling shame. San fran and manhattan I bought at the same time thinking they would rock because all aerosoft stuff previous to that was great. They were both shimmering messes that ran 10x worse than other scenery packages that look 10x better *cough* flytampa kaitak. Aerosoft went through a drastic change a year or so ago where quality took a dive and it appears that I am not even close to the only one that has noticed. They have to really prove they have turned back around again to get any future money from me.

As far as I can see you are the first to mention Mathjius Kock's name in this thread.

FSXBUSTER opined - 'Do you have any experience in an international business environment where production and profit is above everything else?I have this experience and I can assure you it doesn't matter rats *** if it's cars, airplanes, food or softdrinks that you sell, the bottomline IS profit!I have a feeling that the ordinary positive and brighteyed happy flightsimmer most of the time is NOT grounded here on earth, but prefer to live in the rosy red skies of beauty and Flightsim Neverland, and I surely understand that, but it's not the real world. The real world is uggly and filled with sleazy salespeople who want to sell, and sell no matter what methods they use!'I work for one of the largest multinational defence contractors on Earth, some of whose products are simulated in FS. Whilst I agree profit is very high on our list, it's not the number one concern. Since you have so much experience in 'an international business environment', would you like to guess what the number one concern is? I'd be interested how many guesses it'll take you.Cheers, SLuggy

As far as I can see you are the first to mention Mathjius Kock's name in this thread.
I don't think it's too hard to see who he's talking about here:"They didn't care to mipmap the textures, NO TIME - GOT VERDOMME! - yelled a certain "Flying Dutchman" over there...We need to make some money so I can buy more sportscars and maybe a chateau or 2 or 3 in France..."Do you?

Guest FSXBuster
I too stopped buying aerosoft. Them not providing any support for me falling through the metlife building in my helo was the final straw. I wonder how they release some of the things they have in the past year or so without feeling shame. San fran and manhattan I bought at the same time thinking they would rock because all aerosoft stuff previous to that was great. They were both shimmering messes that ran 10x worse than other scenery packages that look 10x better *cough* flytampa kaitak. Aerosoft went through a drastic change a year or so ago where quality took a dive and it appears that I am not even close to the only one that has noticed. They have to really prove they have turned back around again to get any future money from me.
You are absolutely right, and I wonder why on earth people are STILL defending them and getting offended just because I tell the truth! "The Truth shall set You free, Oh fellow Simmers, but first it will p*ss You off"!Wake up Simmers, it ain't the good ol' Aerosoft days anymore, thats for sure...

..and mine of the CS 757!
Amen... :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

What we need are more professional reviewers.
Uh...1) What do they have got to do with product quality?2) If you know so well how to write a review, then why not become a reviewer yourself? Most people complain on and on and on about how reviewers don't do their job, but when you tell them to do a review themselves, they see that doing a review is much harder than they thought and they ultimately FAIL to produce better work than those they complained about earlier. (By the way, not saying you are necessarily one of them McCrash, it was more of a general statement).Anyway, I have a lot of Aerosoft products and I like each of of them. They represent most of the top payware scenery and aircraft I have installed, although I only go for their airports. Their mega airport releases are very good, most of the time, although some can be hard on the FPS. Not saying all Aerosoft sells is equally good, but all that I have of them is topnotch quality and always when I required assistance (which, luckily, didn't happen often), I got it. So, I'm not sure what people are complaining about, because my experience with them has always been extremely good. Still, I have noticed Aerosoft has been pumping out more and more sceneries in shorter and shorter time, and I have been wondering how scenery quality is being affected by that.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case