Sign in to follow this  
Parsian

Why Not for FS2004 ?!

At first I want to thank PMDG Groups for this Cool Product . I have a very simple question "why not for FS2004 ?" There is a huge number of People who use PMDG Products with FS2004 because They match together perfectly .I request PMDG groups to develop PMDG 747-8 for FS2004 . It is my dream to fly with 747-8 (of course in FS2004) .

With all Regard

Amir Parsian

I absolutely agree ..... why NOT the FS9? I am no expert with the number of users in FSX and FS9, but ever since Microsoft decided to shut down Flight Sim division, I see no reason why the third party developers not make dual versions. I have no clue about programming as well. All I know is that, more people buying products means more revenue for PMDG. I am quite disappointed that nobody replied to the above post yet. I hope the PMDG checks this side of their company too. In the video, they say they are coming up with a Dash 8, Boeing 777. Knowing the quality of their products, I request you guys to consider making it dual. Your best product till date is hands down, The Queen of the skies. But looking at the no. of awards the JS41 is winning, I would have loved to try that. I fly for the Globe Cargo VA, and I am pretty sure all the cargo buffs are looking at the B747-8F as the next big thing. I wish I dont get left behind. Please Please Please consider making the B748 for the FS9 and the JS41 and all your future products, because my system just doesnt have the juice to let FSX operate. regards,Akshay.I became a member in this forum just to post this question.

The model is too advanced for FS 2004, that's the main reason.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

At first I want to thank PMDG Groups for this Cool Product . I have a very simple question "why not for FS2004 ?" There is a huge number of People who use PMDG Products with FS2004 because They match together perfectly .I request PMDG groups to develop PMDG 747-8 for FS2004 . It is my dream to fly with 747-8 (of course in FS2004) .

With all Regard

Amir Parsian

you should read this http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273567-pmdgs-position-on-fs2004-development-21jan10/

So basically, he suggests that they wont do dual projects due to mathematical and economical reasons, fair enough. So from my point of view, until i can afford a PC that can run the FSX, I have to be content with the 747-400. Since I am the consumer, customer, etc, etc, etc, I dont have the choice of retaining the platform i wish to play on. If I want something better, I need to shell out more cash. This is also known as : Modern Money Mechanics.

So basically, he suggests that they wont do dual projects due to mathematical and economical reasons, fair enough. So from my point of view, until i can afford a PC that can run the FSX, I have to be content with the 747-400. Since I am the consumer, customer, etc, etc, etc, I dont have the choice of retaining the platform i wish to play on. If I want something better, I need to shell out more cash. This is also known as : Modern Money Mechanics.
Good point. This is not limited to PMDG or to flight simulation in general. Most products have a life cycle, and the fact that an 8 year old software application (FS2004) is even being used anymore - and on such a large scale - is pretty surprising actually. Says a lot about how far M$ missed the mark initially with FSX.In any case Flight! will be here soon and the clock will begin to tick for FSX.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Of course you have the choice of keeping your existing platform. The cost of that choice is that you don't get to play with the new toys.As for not being able to afford a PC to run FSX, please get serious. That excuse has had its day. A brand new SB system clocked to 4.6GHz can be had for £700, cheaper if you self assemble. A warrentied reconditioned i7-9xx from Dell or similar should set you back $300~$450 max. A 2nd hand quad core should be as little as $200 if you shop around and are willing to collect it yourself.

To be honest, it's not an excuse at all.You're posting on a wired/wireless connection, are you not? Specifically, you're not using dial-up?In your home, you're using a microwave or oven, and not a spit with a fire, are you not?You're living in a house, instead of a tent, are you not?You drive a car, and a more modern one than that of a 1950s, or even 80's likely, yes?Do I need to go on?Technology will always improve (within certain limitation) and people are given the choice to accept and adapt, or sit back in the dark ages by choice and cease to be supported. Sure, there are exceptions, like classic car restorations, but even those aren't really supported much by even their own brand (not that the owner of a '64 Mustang would want to bring it anywhere other than his own garage or one that he's very familiar with, even the local Ford dealer, who likely wouldn't have the parts anyway).The current stance by PMDG is well known and posted in the General Forum (as linked above). To say anyone is at fault for wanting to seek profit in today's world is off. While I'd say you have an argument in the insurance and health care fields, computer software/hardware (even with its higher markups) is not unreasonable, and to say PMDG is wrong for not developing for an out of date product is laughable.By the way, you may want to go do more research. This whole concept has little to do with modern money mechanics. Modern money mechanics explains the fractional-reserve banking system (banking as it exists in at least the US, if not elsewhere). While it could be expanded to the commercial world of businesses (and often is), that extension has little to do with the content of this thread. What you're looking at is better defined by the term progress.

Kyle Rodgers