Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

FS9 - What works and what doesn't

After two days of playing with various add-ons, here's my list of what works and what doesn't. Some of the working need tweaks or were manually installed by copying over from fs2k2. Please feel free to add to this list.Aircraft:Working:MAAM-SIM B25Eaglesoft Beechjet 400 and Premier 1Pilots Boeing ClipperCarenado Dakota and CenturionDreamfleet Cessna 152, 177, 310, and Piper ArcherFlight1 Cessna 421Aeroplane-Heaven F3F, F9F, P-47FSD GMAX Commander and Cheyenne Captain-Sim Mig21RealAir SF260 and C172Lago Ultralights and Tornado (minus refueling module)SimTech Beech Staggerwing, Fokker triplane, and Spad XIIIPSS Avro VulcanMilton's Aero Commander Series (freeware)Geof's Beech Debonair (freeware)FSD T-38 (freeware)Not Working:Carenado Archer and BonanzasFSD Super CubLago F16 FalconScenery:Working:FSGenesis 38meter US terrain mesh and US landclassLago Georender 1-5 (static terrain only)SimFlyers KLAX (static only)Not Working:nothing so far

Guest SoarPics

Just curious... all the aircraft you say work in the sim... did you use any of them to create a flight, and then make that flight your default?Try that and tell us what happens.Thanks,

The Commander 115 has a couple of problems in FS9. The lower panel will not pop up and the radio stack is causing ctd on a few systems. My last flight the gyro compass was not working. Not quite perfect yet.BobP :)

Guest JeffB

I tried installing 'Geof's Beech Debonair (freeware)' (the newer version). I could not get this to work. It would crash.How did you install this? Any tips for me?I installed per the readme files...but it would not show up at all. Then I moved files to the aircraft directory. I could then see it, but would crash when loading.Any help would be appreciated!Jeff

Guest WorkingStiff

You're probably missing some gauge files.I don't know if this solution will work but this is how I usually install aircraft or scenery.Point the installer to a dummy FS2002 installation. For example, I create a folder called FS2002 on my E:Temp directory....so I have a E:TempFS2002 folder.I then point the installer to that directory; install the software, then drag and drop the various portions into my actual FS2002 folder on my F: drive.

The Flight One 421 caused my FS9 to generate an error. The MAAM B25 wrecked FS9! I have not a clue why there are so many inconsistencies between your computer and mine. The only plane so far for me that CONTINUES to work flawlessly is the Marchetti by Realair. BobP :)

Guest SoarPics

"How did you install this? Any tips for me?"Geof mentioned something in another post about having to remove a gauge. Try to do a search here... I read his post within the last couple of days.Good luck,

No, haven't changed the default flight yet - too many reports of issues :)

The GPS gauges in the Debonair are th culprits. I replaced them with the FS9 GPS's and all is well.I saw in another thread that the runway info gauge is also a problem, but I haven't tried using it so can't say for sure.

If you have the traffic detector installed you will need to remove it from the panel.cfg (it crashes fs9). Also -you might want to remove the old gps's and add to the radio stack the line:gauge23=fs9gps!gps_500, 776,781,609,476and to the (vcockpit4)gauge07=fs9gps!gps_500, 78,38,249,167This will add the new default fs gps to the panel.As mentioned-old gauges will cause problems with fs4. I am hoping James or someone else will fix the small problems and re-upload as I have to many irons in the fire right now. However, this should get the basics working! :-)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

I remember the 421 generating an install error when the GPS gauge tried to build the nav database, but it seems to work anyway.Interesting about the B-25 as I don't remember having any issue with it. Just a caveat that I haven't had time to try every switch, gauge, function, etc. in all of these, but was at least able to load and fly a circuit with all of them.

Guest JeffB

Thanks for the info. I'll give this a try!Jeff

So far I have only played with the following and they are working great.-Ariane Gmax 737-300 and 500 series-Sim Flyers airports (beta testing patches for release)

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Partially Working:- PSS Airbus Series- PSS Dash-8 SeriesBoth have problems with their panel bitmaps causing them to mask over more space then necessary. There was a switch in the FS2004.CFG file called "PANEL_MASKING" or something which I turned off, but it didn't do anything. The autopilots and systems did seem to function properly during a brief test flight. Removed both out of FS2004 while waiting for the patch.It should be noted that my newly registered FSUIPC 3.01 was used in the test. Without a working FSUIPC, the autopilots have serious troubles.

Guest simpilot

So far I have only installed EW-Pro ATR (download version) and it works as advertised except for the GPU and trucks. Waiting for patched from Simflyers, PSS, Flight 1, and PMDG.Cheers!Richard