Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

FSCommander

Hi, Trying to forget good old FSNavigator, I switched to FSCommander for FSX. Fine looking tool with many similar options.When using it standalone, I have great performance, but when using it when FSX is loaded, it

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Guest WarpAir

i use fsc as wellThe only reason fsc will slow on you is cause your pc aint got the power to handle both.your 4 gigs of ram looks a bit close to inadequate, you need 6 gig for fsx. On my system fsx and addons running pc uses about 4 gigs.Also try to turn down the number of objects that fsc shows, names, airways, ils, msa etcAlso on my system, fsc is slow once you connect to fsx, so you need to dissconect from fsx to resize fsc.But once sized fsc fairly smooth on my pc.FSC is very very good for taxi and i also use it for flightplaning.

Guest WarpAir

FSC window becomes sluggish after you connect to fsx, compared to before you connect to fsx.my i7 @ 4.2 gigs and fsc window is sluggish to size or move around when fsx connected.Still the moving map is still easy to control and works fine, as long as you not trying to move or size fsc window.

[snip]Also, the GPS window can only been seen in FSX when in windowed mode. When turning back to full screen it is gone.Any ideas?I have a i7, 4 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX240, 2048x1152 machine running W7.Thanks,Menno C. Robert
The following is from the Installation section on page 6 of the documentation:Important: You should bear in mind that FlightSim Commander is a stand-alone program whichwill run at the same time as Flight Simulator when the two are connected. Therefore you needWindows' multitasking capability for simultaneously running more than one program. As aconsequence, you cannot run Flight Simulator in full-screen mode (Alt-Enter) on a single monitorif you want Flight Simulator and FlightSim Commander to be connected to each other

Tom

I run FSC on a separate networked computer linked using WideFS. My FS setup runs on 3 20" TFT screens using TripleHead 2Go. I display FSC on another screen mounted above the 'trio' which is the second display from my separate computer. If you can do that I think your problems will disappear.As FSX and FSC operate on different PCs I can run the TH2G display (FSX) in full view, whilst FSC runs in Windows.It's an expensive way to do it, unless you already have a second PC, but I hope these comments help.

Regards

Frank Jones

I found the moving map mode really dogged it down.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png