Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

J41 FMS Won't Initialize

I have recently upgraded from Vista x64 to Win 7 x64 and carried out a full install after formatting my hard drive. This obviously involved reloading FSX and the JS41. I tried to go through the Tutorial again and got as far as operating the FMS, which turns on OK, but in the tutorial the screen shows KHPN already entered after it starts but my yellow box is blank, all other characters are there. If I enter the ident manually and press Enter nothing happens, it wont go passed this stage.I'm loading the aircraft as per the tutorial by loading the default C172 first then the JS41 tutorial - have I missed anything ?Glen Coyne

Glen

I have recently upgraded from Vista x64 to Win 7 x64 and carried out a full install after formatting my hard drive. This obviously involved reloading FSX and the JS41. I tried to go through the Tutorial again and got as far as operating the FMS, which turns on OK, but in the tutorial the screen shows KHPN already entered after it starts but my yellow box is blank, all other characters are there. If I enter the ident manually and press Enter nothing happens, it wont go passed this stage.Glen Coyne
Sounds like you might be missing some Navdata. If the yellow box is blank, it might be because it did not find any airports in the database,so it could not pre-fill that box.Are you sure you did a full Install ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Hi ErnieAs far as installing the JS41 I just used the installer and followed any instructions. Just to be sure I installed one of the latest Airac updates from Navigraph and now it seems to work fine - don't know why the initial installation didn't install a basic set of navdata ?Thanks for your helpGlen

Glen