Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thaellar

Anyone have a mini-review for the CLS 767 ?

Guest Thaellar

I found another thread asking for opinions and it quickly turned into a discusssion of the LD767. I'm interested in the CLS version. Anyone have it and can offer an opinion?thanks,Thaellar,

I found another thread asking for opinions and it quickly turned into a discusssion of the LD767.
You know there is probably a reason for that... :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Systems arn't anywhere near as in depth as the LVLD. If your ok with that, then the CLS is top notch! I have the FS9 version and am extremely satisfied with it.

Danny

You know there is probably a reason for that... :(
You bet!
Systems arn't anywhere near as in depth as the LVLD.
Systems? What systems? :( Disclaimer: This is my personal thought; not AVSIM's or anybody else's

Guest Thaellar

I guess I shoudn't have even mentioned the LD 767. :( I know the LD is a magnificent, realistic immersive addon. I have the PMDG 747 and that is wonderful as well. I am looking at the CLS as a plane I can quickly get off the ground and fly when I have limited time. I don't want lengthy cold and dark startup and I want to be able to import a flightplan into the FMC and get flying right away.Does this 767 fit the bill without being too dumbed down? Working FMC? Enough systems to be interesting? I do like their DC-10 and was assuming a similar product in complexity. Are there any issues that folks have encountered? Deltalpha, thanks for the thumbs up on the FS9 version.Thaellar

I know what you mean. You want an opinion on the CLS job, not another queue of people telling you how much the sun shines out of the Level-D's jet-pipes! I may be able to help you. I've just ordered the box version of the CLS 767, and when I've taken it up for a few trips I'll give you the gen.. Of course, it's dumbed down on the systems side, but I'm keen to see how the flight dynamics are - I'm intrigued by Albert's statements in the manual. In the meantime, have you heard how good the Level-D 767 is?!!! :( Ian

Lvd and PMDG planes don't suit EVERYONE on the market...thats the beauty of the CLS 767. :DSo they have the systems down pat...whatever. The CLS flies very well. Just don't forget the trim on takeoff! And the FMC is ok too.

Danny

Lvd and PMDG planes don't suit EVERYONE on the market...thats the beauty of the CLS 767. :DSo they have the systems down pat...whatever. The CLS flies very well. Just don't forget the trim on takeoff! And the FMC is ok too.
True enough, the LITE market is there for a reason.There doesn't seem to be much point in paying for realistic systems simulation if you don't use it.Not sure why some insist in pushing LDS, and PMDG on these type of Lite flight simmers. Theyjust are not in to the systems simulation.Lite products like CLS, Overland, Aerosim etc fits their bill, that's what they should use.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I guess I shoudn't have even mentioned the LD 767. :( I am looking at the CLS as a plane I can quickly get off the ground and fly when I have limited time. I don't want lengthy cold and dark startup and I want to be able to import a flightplan into the FMC and get flying right away.Does this 767 fit the bill without being too dumbed down? Working FMC? Enough systems to be interesting? I do like their DC-10 and was assuming a similar product in complexity. Are there any issues that folks have encountered?
Quickly get off the ground? You got it; set the trim, flaps and off you go.Cold and dark startups? No need to do any of those.Import FP into FMC? If it is the default planner or FSNavigator, yes.Working FMC? Since you've already seen the DC-10, it is the same one.Enough systems to be interesting? Not a single system simulatedFlies good? You bet it doesLooks nice? Very nice. Even more, it sounds niceHope it helps. Any further questions, don't hesitate to contact me.Best regards

Guest Thaellar

Thanks for the input everyone. I think it is a good bet for a new addon.Thaellar

Guest hmstiger
Thanks for the input everyone. I think it is a good bet for a new addon.Thaellar
I don't understand this. I can have either the LDS 767 or the MD11 ready to fly in five minutes, and that's inputting the flight plan by hand. If you start either with the engines running, ready to taxi, you can be flying quickly. It's not hard. At all.

Quickly get off the ground? You got it; set the trim, flaps and off you go.Cold and dark startups? No need to do any of those.Import FP into FMC? If it is the default planner or FSNavigator, yes.Working FMC? Since you've already seen the DC-10, it is the same one.Enough systems to be interesting? Not a single system simulatedFlies good? You bet it doesLooks nice? Very nice. Even more, it sounds niceHope it helps. Any further questions, don't hesitate to contact me.Best regards
Excellent review, I take it as STRONG BUY pointer, lol.Thanks,Dirk.

I don't understand this. I can have either the LDS 767 or the MD11 ready to fly in five minutes, and that's inputting the flight plan by hand. If you start either with the engines running, ready to taxi, you can be flying quickly. It's not hard. At all.
Same here. Doing the actual flight planning takes far longer for me than getting everything punched in and ready to go...I will never understand why someone would buy a FS9 portover over the excellent and proven LDS 767. I will also never understand why anyone would buy the buggy slideshow that is the CS 767 either. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest hmstiger
Same here. Doing the actual flight planning takes far longer for me than getting everything punched in and ready to go...I will never understand why someone would buy a FS9 portover over the excellent and proven LDS 767. I will also never understand why anyone would buy the buggy slideshow that is the CS 767 either. :(
The only reason I can see is eye candy. The 2-d panel on the Level D bird dates back to the Wilco PIC release, and the virtual cockpit is showing its age. Still a great bird though. I fly it a lot.