Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

FS 2004 Bugs or Features By Design..

Guest byoung

Maybe others can try this.(1) Select any aircraft with the engine running or start the engine. Now users with the CH Yoke and Pedals (USB) change your sensitivities, and hit OK. This problem may be produced by any change to any joystick sensitivities. Here is the problem: When you return to the A/C Panel, the engine shuts down.. Bug or By Design Feature?? (2) The A/I aircraft sequencing problem is not resolved, unless this was just a fluke.. See attachment. This aircraft overtook me on final. Attachment: http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26194.jpg(3) On Final, ATC gave me a Go Around, and vectored me about 40 miles from the airport on a Missed Approach. I was handed off to seveal approach facilities as well.

Guest ba747heavy

Ah thats a shame to see that (potentially) the AI problem has not been resolved. Ah well, it's a good thing I have VATSIM to keep my attention ;-)

Couldnt you of cancelled and requested an approach? what kind of plane were you in? Kilstorm

Guest byoung

I was in the stock Baron that comes with FS 2004.Barry

Guest byoung

Just cycling back to the top for more responses...Barry

Guest RSmith

Maybe the new "MS" emergency landing procedure" test must be completed, before a landing......... engines - who needs `em.... :-hmmm Beta team - comments ? :-8 Sure "feels" like a Monday, already.....

Hi,Answer to question one. I tried it and the engine did not shut off. Are you using the Ch control manager program? I tried it but found no benefit from using it.Ed

Guest byoung

Hi Ed,No I am using the native XP CH Drivers.. I haven't installed the Control Manager, because I don't believe you need it unless you want to program buttons, etc.Did you follow my instructions? I changed the CH Pedal sensitivities, and hit OK then the engine shut down..Barry

Guest byoung

I'll look into that, could adjusting the sensitivities on the Pedals move the fuel lever? Or shut the fuel off?Still doesn't make sense to me why adjusting the sensitivities on the Pedals would change anything on the Yoke. I don't beleive there is a mixture control sensitivity setting for the native XP CH drivers.. Again, I'll have to look into it.Still a mystery to me I guess.Thanks for the info!Barry

Guest roto2

>(2) The A/I aircraft sequencing problem is not resolved,>unless this was just a fluke..Totally correct!!!!There is no air traffic separation on final approaches in FS2004.ATC doesn

Guest byoung

What surprises me is that I read several posts where the beta testers said that Microsoft had addressed this issue. Maybe the beta testers did address the sequencing issue (as I know a few of them, and they are very knowlegable when it comes to ATC), and for whatever reason, it didn't make the cut.This is going to really impact the traffic add-on utilities.One of the reasons I held off purchasing Ultimate Traffic, is because of the sequencing issue. It is great to have lots of traffic and A/C flying on schedules, etc. But if ATC can't handle the sequencing of the additional traffic, what is the point of having the extra traffic. Traffic Add-on Utilities also impacts frame-rates which are at now a premium (for me) in FS 2004. Especially in clouds.Overall I am pleased with FS 2004. I just hope Microsoft opens up the ATC as an SDK so ATC add-on developers like Radar Contact can address these issues. It will be a monumental effort to do sequencing correctly, especially with lots of traffic!Barry

Guest Joshieca

> I just hope Microsoft>opens up the ATC as an SDK so ATC add-on developers like Radar>Contact can address these issues. I wouldn't count on this...I have been complaining to MS for the last two years about this and other ATC problems...so far no one over there has taken the time to look into it. If we are lucky it will be addressed in FS2006. :([div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

Barry, please check your Avsim inbox.

Hi Barry,Just tried it again. First changed all three sensitivies and clicked ok. Engine still running. Next changed sensitivites one at a time and clicked ok after each chang. Engine still running after each change.Weird problem.I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I am using WinME.Ed