Sign in to follow this  
Guest WarpAir

Case closed, Single 42inch screen better than multiple smaller screens

Guest WarpAir

I have read many posts about which way to go regarding one single big screen, or multiple smaller screens.I read here on avsim where someguy mentioned he was using a single large screen and preffered that to multiple screens, i liked the idea and went for single large screen myself, and it works just great.I used to use 26inch plasma before moving to 42inch LCD....improvements are1 - Never get plasma for PC , you will get a lot of image ghosting, LCD only ofr PC.2 - You get a much much much better view perspective and this helps for taxi and landing a whole lot. Taxing and landing is much easier cause you can see better.3 - With single large screen you dont need tripleHead2Go device to merge your displays4 - I still have a smaller 19inch LCD that i to display guages, so large screen is empty of gauges and full of VC.!!!Warning!!! the larger your screen, the higher the resolution you have to use, my old resolution was 1280by1024. On 42inch that resolution was not very nice, so increased it to 1600by 1200, which is much much better. However you do need more cpu power/OC for larger screen.In short dont go for larger screen, unless you ready to push those extra pixels with more OC or faster cpu.Verdict One large screen wins over multiple smaller screens for me atleast.!!!CAUTION!!! avoid viewsonic at all cost -- my 26inch viewsonic plasma starting going purple display on me after a year.

Guest firehawk44
I have read many posts about which way to go regarding one single big screen, or multiple smaller screens.I read here on avsim where someguy mentioned he was using a single large screen and preffered that to multiple screens, i liked the idea and went for single large screen myself, and it works just great.I used to use 26inch plasma before moving to 42inch LCD....improvements are1 - Never get plasma for PC , you will get a lot of image ghosting, LCD only ofr PC.2 - You get a much much much better view perspective and this helps for taxi and landing a whole lot. Taxing and landing is much easier cause you can see better.3 - With single large screen you dont need tripleHead2Go device to merge your displays4 - I still have a smaller 19inch LCD that i to display guages, so large screen is empty of gauges and full of VC.!!!Warning!!! the larger your screen, the higher the resolution you have to use, my old resolution was 1280by1024. On 42inch that resolution was not very nice, so increased it to 1600by 1200, which is much much better. However you do need more cpu power/OC for larger screen.In short dont go for larger screen, unless you ready to push those extra pixels with more OC or faster cpu.Verdict One large screen wins over multiple smaller screens for me atleast.!!!CAUTION!!! avoid viewsonic at all cost -- my 26inch viewsonic plasma starting going purple display on me after a year.
Strange. Google doesn't recognize your Samsung and the Samsung site doesn't show any 42" in the 500 series or any size LCD with "500" as the model. I've got a couple of Samsung's, a 46" LED and a 40" LCD and have been tempted to at least hook up the 40" but my Nvidia cards are DVI only. I like my 30" LCD monitor and it already provides what you say your 42" LCD shows. I do like the Samsung LCD's though! Enjoy your new setup and thanks for your observations!Best regards,Jim

Guest djt01
!!!Warning!!! the larger your screen, the higher the resolution you have to use, my old resolution was 1280by1024. On 42inch that resolution was not very nice, so increased it to 1600by 1200, which is much much better. However you do need more cpu power/OC for larger screen.
Why would you set the resolution of a 42

Your advise re: plasma displays is wrong. Your 26" model is likely rather old, and certainly of lower quality than anything on the market today. I've been using a 42" 1080P Panasonic as my PC display for a year and a half now with ZERO "ghosting" as you call it (it's actually called burn-in or image retention, depending on severity and duration).

I can only add to Max's comment on Panasonic, having the S10 series, 42inch plasma, I can say it has a great picture itself and for gaming I am only looking forward to building my computer in couple of days to be able to game on it: I tried it couple of days ago for the first time, and I can only say wow. I had an LCD before - colors and blacks are NOT comparable with my older Samsung LCD. Very very good and FS9 looks absolutely stunning. It's my main TV, so not only for computing, besides it's on the side of the working space, so can't use it as the main - but, already tested even in Windows, and it's very sharp.

Guest WarpAir

Sorry for confusion its samsung series 5 and its 40inch.i tried 1920 1200 in fsx and the planes look funny too short and tall, wroung image proportion.but at 1600 1200 its much better.As for ghosting, its well known fact that plasma is not adviced for PC use, due to burn in. It does clear up after a few hours, but many fsx flights i had burn in of guages all over the screen.Not a single burn in image of fsx gauges on my 19inch lcd used to display fsx gauges now.Being able to see from wide screen is quite nice. It helps to be able to see the runway better as you come to land, makes you realise landing with smaller screen is a very tricky task.

It's a well-known fact that this i

Sorry for confusion its samsung series 5 and its 40inch.i tried 1920 1200 in fsx and the planes look funny too short and tall, wroung image proportion.but at 1600 1200 its much better.As for ghosting, its well known fact that plasma is not adviced for PC use, due to burn in. It does clear up after a few hours, but many fsx flights i had burn in of guages all over the screen.Not a single burn in image of fsx gauges on my 19inch lcd used to display fsx gauges now.Being able to see from wide screen is quite nice. It helps to be able to see the runway better as you come to land, makes you realise landing with smaller screen is a very tricky task.
It's a well-known fact that this is out-dated information. Basically every plasma tv manufactured since 2008 has not suffered from burn-in, nor image retention.

Guest djt01
Sorry for confusion its samsung series 5 and its 40inch.i tried 1920 1200 in fsx and the planes look funny too short and tall, wroung image proportion.but at 1600 1200 its much better.
If this is a 1080P HDTV we

Question for users of large screen diplays.Has anyone tried multiple views on such a screen? That is: Views Left Fwd,Fwd,Right Fwd side by side, to yield a fully integrated 135

As for ghosting, its well known fact that plasma is not adviced for PC use, due to burn in. It does clear up after a few hours, but many fsx flights i had burn in of guages all over the screen.Not a single burn in image of fsx gauges on my 19inch lcd used to display fsx gauges now.
Old and wrong info. I already flew couple of flights (rather new TV) - never ever did I see any burn-in. Neither that nor ghosting (whatever that might really be) - I have no problems with it, whatsoever. One of best buys ever.