Sign in to follow this  
cap10jaf

SID/STAR Cycle 1002

I hope you don't mind if I post a quick Maddog question in this forum, since the info in the MD forum is somewhat dated and confusing.Dan Downs has uploaded his PMDG SID/STARs cycle 1002 to the Avsim file library today. Will you guys use these with the MD? Will you run the clean up tool? I'm asking because I'm unable to select a departure runway, SID and transition without creating a mess.Any wisdom welcome and appreciated,Greg D.P.S. Thank you for an amazing product Bryan. Mine has worked flawlessly since the first launch.

Guest Cyril_Murat
Any wisdom welcome and appreciated,
Hi.I won't tell you about this specific cycle and this specific airport but here what I'm doing with the PMDG navdata downloaded on Navigraph:1- Copy the SIDSTARS folder from PMDG to the Maddog's folder2- Run the Cleanup with the option "automaticaly rename waypoints"3- On FSX only, copy the NavData folder from the PMDG folder to the FS/FMCWP folder.I hope it will help.Regards,Cyril

Thanks Cyril, but that's how I've been doing it so far and the SID disappears when I enter the departure runway, and there are several discontinuities on the LEGS page. Can I ask you for a favor? Will you load this typical route from Orlando to Atlanta in your FMC and see how it works for you? I'm losing my mind over this. KMCO - KATL Departing runway: 17R SID: JAG3, DBN transition STAR: CANUCK7, DBN transition Thank you very much, Greg D.

Guest Cyril_Murat
Can I ask you for a favor?
Hi.It doesn't work for me:Cycle: 1001 JANV14FEB10. (Strange that they've released a cycle 1002 which starts in 2 days...)Route page:ORIGIN KMCO DEST KATLTHEN TO DBNACTIVATE and EXECDEP ARR Page:Selection of 17R : no more JAG3.In fact, only the selection of 17L makes JAG3 still available but I've seen from charts 0913 that the SID is OK for other runways.What is worse is the LEGS page after I make the 17L JAG3 choice:RW17R - RW18L - RW18R - RW35L - RW35R - RW36L - RW36R - ORL before executing. It gets simpler but as wrong after EXEC.To finish, I've tried to select CANUCK7 arrival but I couldn't find it in my FMS. Only LGC, RMG, SINCA and WHINZ.Sorry, but all I can say is that there really seem to be a problem with those SID STAR files in the Maddog.For information, I've tried with the PMDG J41 and all was perfect.Regards,Cyril

Hi Cyril,Thank you so much for doing that for me. I thought it was working for everyone but me! Now that I know for sure I can look for the problem.Bryan, I apologize for using your thread for unrelated issues, but I knew someone here could help. Please feel free to delete this thread if you need to.Thank you again,Greg D.

UPDATE: FIX FOUND.I spent some time last night researching and rewriting PMDG SIDs for use with the MD. It would appear that the above problem is because of a difference in the way the a Hybrid SID is written. By assigning a transition fix and crossing restriction after the SID name, and adding heading and climb to each runway, I am able to select RWY, SID, and TRANSITION without any trouble.EXAMPLE:SID JAG3 FIX GUANO AT OR ABOVE 14000 RNW 36R HDG 4 UNTIL 597 FIX ORL RNW 35R HDG 4 UNTIL 597 FIX ORL RNW 36L HDG 4 UNTIL 597 FIX ORL RNW 17R HDG 184 UNTIL 597 FIX ORL RNW 18L HDG 184 UNTIL 597 FIX ORL RNW 18R HDG 184 UNTIL 597 FIX ORL RNW 35L HDG 4 UNTIL 597 FIX ORL RNW 17L HDG 184 UNTIL 597 FIX ORL TRANSITION AMG FIX GUANO FIX MATEO FIX VQQ FIX YULEE FIX AMG TRANSITION DBN FIX GUANO FIX MATEO FIX VQQ FIX YULEE FIX CHESN FIX DBN TRANSITION IRQ FIX GUANO FIX MATEO FIX VQQ FIX YULEE FIX CHESN FIX NOWAY FIX DUNKN FIX IRQNotes:I tried to use the VECTOR command in various ways, but nothing worked.The same mods work for the MCOY9 SID at KMCO.Greg D.

Thanks for doing that work, Greg. I was having the exact same issue from MCO and just chalked it up to compatability issues with the MD/PMDG navdata we have all lived with for a long time. :( Maybe some day in another time -- the Maddog will have its own NAV data download which is compatible with its FMS ???Amazing how other complex aircraft (PMDG - Level D - Flight 1, etc ) don't have these issues. :(

WAT1460.png

Guest Samuli

Greg,I don't wanna speak for Bryan, but personally I think this kind of threads are more than welcome here as well. As the name says, this is a forum for FS2Crew for the Maddog.Samuli