Sign in to follow this  
gman!

My Holy Grail "Tweak"

Guest UlfB
:( One of the finest uses of sarcasm on the internet I have ever witnessed.I salute you sir.

You guys have really taken it to far, just wasting bandwidth with these really stupid posts. I bet you did not even read my post. Maybe I should have put quotes around "Holy Grail" just so people would realize its not really a "Holy Grail" to FSX. Maybe I should have named it "How I made FSX Perform smoother". You guys are like a bunch of kids. I thought after the first two posts from you guys you would actually get serious, but your acting like a bunch of 8 year olds... Have fun getting worse performance. If someone would actually take my advice and try deleting the FSX.CFG and taking all the crap out and then doing the other stuff, they might actually get better performance, but since none of you guys want to try it, later your going to be posting "OMGZ MY FPS WITH THE HGBHD CESSNOCK 164 IS HORRIBLE" or "FSX SUCKZ" or "Why can't I get FSX working smooth" etc etc etc.I don't care what other people say. If someone would actually TRY IT and see the results I bet they would be more than satisfied, but suit yourself.Most of the time my suggestions helps many. Black/White screens, invisible textures? Many people reported it worked for them.Fatal Errors in Windows 7. Found the problem.Need help with Tileproxy. That too.I do not post false tweaks like "swap_wait" whatever or "Particle_reject" stuff. I enter in things that WORK, and I know it works. Since when has affinitymask never worked. Some also say Fiber_frame_Fraction_time doesn't work after SP1 but raise it to a value of 4.00 and put it in the CFG and see how the ground loads and look @ the FPS. It does something therefore it works.Try it or shut up and leave!

Guest UlfB
handbang.gifThanks Ulf, now I can add a "liquid cooled" monitor to my Holy Grail list (I spurted coffee out of my nose all over my 26" Samsung)CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
Thank you sir!I'm very grateful for your contribution to the FS community with a lot of very good advice! I hope that you and Nick will continue to share your knowledge with the community!BTW, is it possible to use the same cooler if I replace my LCD monitor with a LED monitor?

Thank you sir!I'm very grateful for your contribution to the FS community with a lot of very good advice! I hope that you and Nick will continue to share your knowledge with the community!BTW, is it possible to use the same cooler if I replace my LCD monitor with a LED monitor?
What the heck is wrong with you, I'm trying to post good information so people can read it, then you keep posting useless crap and rhetorical questions that aren't serious. Your just distracting readers. This what people are talking about when they say that AVSIM isn't like it used to be, because there are mindless <ATTEMPT TO FORCE FOUL LANGUAGE INTO THIS POST CREATING MORE WORK FOR THE MODS REMOVED BY MOD> trying to ruin everything. At first it was funny, but now its not, and is a waste of space. Just STOP.
You guys have really taken it to far, just wasting bandwidth with these really stupid posts. I bet you did not even read my post. Maybe I should have put quotes around "Holy Grail" just so people would realize its not really a "Holy Grail" to FSX. Maybe I should have named it "How I made FSX Perform smoother". You guys are like a bunch of kids. I thought after the first two posts from you guys you would actually get serious, but your acting like a bunch of 8 year olds... Have fun getting worse performance. If someone would actually take my advice and try deleting the FSX.CFG and taking all the crap out and then doing the other stuff, they might actually get better performance, but since none of you guys want to try it, later your going to be posting "OMGZ MY FPS WITH THE HGBHD CESSNOCK 164 IS HORRIBLE" or "FSX SUCKZ" or "Why can't I get FSX working smooth" etc etc etc.I don't care what other people say. If someone would actually TRY IT and see the results I bet they would be more than satisfied, but suit yourself.Most of the time my suggestions helps many. Black/White screens, invisible textures? Many people reported it worked for them.Fatal Errors in Windows 7. Found the problem.Need help with Tileproxy. That too.I do not post false tweaks like "swap_wait" whatever or "Particle_reject" stuff. I enter in things that WORK, and I know it works. Since when has affinitymask never worked. Some also say Fiber_frame_Fraction_time doesn't work after SP1 but raise it to a value of 4.00 and put it in the CFG and see how the ground loads and look @ the FPS. It does something therefore it works.Try it or shut up and leave!

Guest UlfB
Woohaa! That's our man, the "gman" :( Please keep it very, very simple so old farts like me self can follow you. I'm 42...Actually I prefer this "Holy Grail":http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071853/quotesThere's some great quotes there!Sir Lancelot: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril. Sir Galahad: I don't think I was. Sir Lancelot: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril. Sir Galahad: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril. Sir Lancelot: No, it's too perilous. Sir Galahad: Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can. Sir Lancelot: No, we've got to find the Holy Grail. Come on. Sir Galahad: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril? Sir Lancelot: No. It's unhealthy. Sir Galahad: I bet you're gay. Sir Lancelot: Am not. Oh, lets go and find The Grail.
Thanks, FSXBuster!I'm sorry for calling you a whiner in another thread. Have you tried to add this lines to fsx.cfg:KEEPER:=What is your quest?ARTHUR=To seek the Holy Grail.KEEPER=What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?ARTHUR=What do you mean? An African or European swallow?KEEPER=What? I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!BEDEMIR=How do know so much about swallows?ARTHUR=Well, you have to know these things when you're a king you know.If you have care with an enginge > 2liters you might try to add this line:PONYO_ANIMATION_WARMTH=3Seems to work for people that enjoy Japanese animated movies.

Thanks, FSXBuster!I'm sorry for calling you a whiner in another thread. Have you tried to add this lines to fsx.cfg:KEEPER:=What is your quest?ARTHUR=To seek the Holy Grail.KEEPER=What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?ARTHUR=What do you mean? An African or European swallow?KEEPER=What? I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!BEDEMIR=How do know so much about swallows?ARTHUR=Well, you have to know these things when you're a king you know.If you have care with an enginge > 2liters you might try to add this line:PONYO_ANIMATION_WARMTH=3Seems to work for people that enjoy Japanese animated movies.
Stop being a troll. For people that actually want help with FSX just read the first post and ignore UlfBs ridiculous trolling. I'm not even going to reply to you anymore...

Guest UlfB
What the heck is wrong with you, I'm trying to post good information so people can read it, then you keep posting useless crap and rhetorical questions that aren't serious. Your just distracting readers. This what people are talking about when they say that AVSIM isn't like it used to be, because there are mindless #### trying to ruin everything. At first it was funny, but now its not, and is a waste of space. Just STOP.
Sorry gman!All my fault! Sorry! Maybe my advice wasn't as much Holy as yours :( :( :( Mods! Please remove all my posts in this thread. I'm as drunk as FSXbuster was the other day. My appologies to you all!

I've saved this page before it gets deleted.Its one of the funniest threads I have ever read on here. The wifes just come into my computer room as she thought I was choking due to my laughter :( Graham

Ulf,I tried all your tweaks including the japanese one but the results were a bit disappointing. Perhaps, I should try them with a more up to date Nvidia WHQL driver.Here is a tweak we use in France, just add it to your fsx.cfg Drink_glasses_of_Chardonnay_before_starting_fsx=5I get 300+ FPS and even motion blurI use a french localised version of FSX so this tweak may not work on your system. As you are from Sweden, perhaps you should tryDrink_glasses_of__br

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Ulf,I tried all your tweaks including the japanese one but the results were a bit disappointing. Perhaps, I should try them with a more up to date Nvidia WHQL driver.Here is a tweak we use in France, just add it to your fsx.cfg Drink_glasses_of_Chardonnay_before_starting_fsx=5I get 300+ FPS and even motion blurI use a french localised version of FSX so this tweak may not work on your system. As you are from Sweden, perhaps you should tryDrink_glasses_of__br

Please delete this thread. There are too many mindless fools not even READING what I'm trying to say and just being <SENSELESS ATTEMPT TO INJECT FOUL LANGUAGE INTO POST REMOVED, YET AGAIN, BY MOD>. They think its not a valid tweak but since when has affinitymask and rebuilding the fsx cfg not been helpful at all. Even NickN recommends it.

Guest UlfB
Please delete this thread. There are too many mindless fools not even READING what I'm trying to say and just being ####. They think its not a valid tweak but since when has affinitymask and rebuilding the fsx cfg not been helpful at all. Even NickN recommends it.
So why not just post a link to Nicks guide instead of making it your own Holy Grail?To all you simmers, here is Nick Needhams classic gold tuning guide: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041Test different settings and find your personal Holy Grail as gman! has!Have nice evening all fellow simmers!

So why not just post a link to Nicks guide instead of making it your own Holy Grail?To all you simmers, here is Nick Needhams classic gold tuning guide: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041Test different settings and find your personal Holy Grail as gman! has!Have nice evening all fellow simmers!
***************************. I set up FSX according to NickNs tweaks since the start and moving to Windows 7. It worked great but in heavy areas it was not what I wanted. I wanted MORE performance, so I put the lines I stated in the first post in the CFG. NO TWEAK IN THE FIRST POST HAS BEEN STATED AS A FALSE TWEAK, OR MIRACLE TWEAK BY NICKN. It even has on the tweaks that is in his guide :D. If you would actually take just 2 minutes, TWO MINUTES trying it (Have you become so lazy that you can even donate 2 minutes to put two lines in your CFG?), you would see what I'm talking about then just shooting it down not even trying it and speculating and making senseless, stupid posts. I'm not asking for 1 hour of your time here.All of you guys are missing out bigtime I'm telling you, and I can't wait till the day you start complaining about FSX performance again or move to FS9 and then nobody is going to help your sorry ...People that want to improve performance ignore this thread, I have posted a new one with more testing and explanations of each tweak. Thanks to all you guys that ruined this thread and trolled by posting things with nothing pertaining to the original post. You are real #### :( :(

Guest anthony31fs

Hi,Thats funny, and an easy fix. Just make sure you don't plug your TV and computer into the same outlet unless of course you have a power strip. :(

Would it be a good idea to have a pinned topic "Holy Grail of the Week"? Then we could find all the Holy Grails that we need without having to search the forums.A couple of minutes ago I turned my TV off and my FPS in FSX jumped up from 22 FPS to 30+. I'll do some more testing (change channels) and report back, but it sure looks promising.
Hi,HAHAHA, now thats funny.
I disagree. The more tweaks the better! I've applied all tweaks from FS version from FS2000 up to FSX to make sure that I have the top notch perfrmance in FSX. FSX is extremely fluid and smooth and I get about 300+ average fps over New York with all sliders maxed out. I only to need to get rid of the CTDs that I get after 5 seconds flight. Very annoying. But on another forum I've got the tip to replace my Ford with a BMW, which should give me a stable FSX. Heavy investment, but it should be worthwhile.Have you tried to add this line to fsx.cfg under the section [TERRAIN]?

AUTOGEN_DISPLAY_FAST_AND_SMOOTH=1

Made a HUGHE difference on my system.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck