Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Simcheck Airbus

Has it got an FMS?, the screenshots at Aerosoft doesn't show one
No, it has an INS/CDU. From the product description page: "The A300B4-200 series is a first generation Airbus with analogue steam-gauges and a (for that time) advanced autopilot. Some of the current operators have made cockpit upgrades based on various GPS systems where the ADI was replaced with an EADI, the HSI replaced with an ND, the CDU replaced with a (basic) FMS. We have not simulated these upgrades as they where not included in the original aircraft!"

No, it has an INS/CDU. From the product description page: "The A300B4-200 series is a first generation Airbus with analogue steam-gauges and a (for that time) advanced autopilot. Some of the current operators have made cockpit upgrades based on various GPS systems where the ADI was replaced with an EADI, the HSI replaced with an ND, the CDU replaced with a (basic) FMS. We have not simulated these upgrades as they where not included in the original aircraft!"
Thanks

I hope there are no restrictions on the image size on these forums!
Yep, 1024 X 768, 200K. Rules are in my signature. You can feel free to resize and put them back in this thread if you wish.

Okay did some more flying and definitely the best addon for FSX available! The quality price ratio is definitely good. Systems seems to be very complete unfortunately rather limited manuals. Sounds incredible! I especially love the elevator trim sound! Autopilot extremely smooth!
What addons are you comparing it to? Better than, say, a CS757, or better than a PMDG MD-11? :( Cheers, SLuggy

What addons are you comparing it to? Better than, say, a CS757
That really wouldn't take much. I certainly hope it would be better than that.I am strongly considering purchasing this Airbus. I'm waiting to see how quickly they fix the few issues that people have brought up. If they address them in a timely manner, this one'll be mine. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

My only gripe with the aircraft is the lighting effects. Turning on the cockpit lights triggers every external light effect (wing lights splash, landing lights splash, logo lights ect) no matter if they are switched on or not.The dome light switch is clickable in the VC but has no effect, and switching on landing, wing or logo lights with the cockpit lights off has no effect on the external model.This may be inconsequential to some but for the price I would like it fixed.Systems wise the aircraft is great, and its about as easy on frames as the LevelD 767.

Guest hmstiger
My only gripe with the aircraft is the lighting effects. Turning on the cockpit lights triggers every external light effect (wing lights splash, landing lights splash, logo lights ect) no matter if they are switched on or not.The dome light switch is clickable in the VC but has no effect, and switching on landing, wing or logo lights with the cockpit lights off has no effect on the external model.This may be inconsequential to some but for the price I would like it fixed.Systems wise the aircraft is great, and its about as easy on frames as the LevelD 767.
What is it about night lighting these days. No dark cockpit in the Feel There Embraers V2. Night lighting here is squirly. So disapointing to have a good package brought down by this.

What is it about night lighting these days. No dark cockpit in the Feel There Embraers V2. Night lighting here is squirly. So disapointing to have a good package brought down by this.
Could not agree more! I was looking at purchasing this or the ERJ V2 but will pass on both because of this fault alone.

RE Thomason Jr.

Lack of effort by developers, I believe.
I think it has more to do with FSX limitations than "lack of effort". See this explanation from one of the simcheck developers: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...st&p=206886For me personally, I could not care less what the exterior lights do, as I never see them. I treat FSX as a cockpit-based flight simulator not an external screenshot simulator. I would not sacrifice even 1 fps or 1 extra working switch or system to have fancy external lighting effects. But, thats why different products cater to different types of users... Anyhow, I have bought the simcheck airbus, but I have not yet had a chance to fly it. It looks like it will be a wonderful aircraft, and one of the very very few properly simulated classic airliners.

I'm sorry but the "FSX limitation" excuse is a joke, which only seems to apply to certain developers. If you want to save FPS thats fine but then why waste resources modeling the switches, click-spots, sounds ect. Seems like a much bigger waste to have clickable, animated switches in the VC, with custom sound effects that don't actually do anything.

I'm sorry but the "FSX limitation" excuse is a joke, which only seems to apply to certain developers.
You must be kidding. FSX is absolutely CHOCK FULL of limitations. Some of these limitations are easy to get around, some are difficult and some are downright impossible. Every developer has to decide how much time, effort and FPS to spend in trying to get around those limitations. I can guarantee you that there is NO aircraft for FSX that addresses all limitations of the simulator, though there are a few that get close.
If you want to save FPS thats fine but then why waste resources modeling the switches, click-spots, sounds ect. Seems like a much bigger waste to have clickable, animated switches in the VC, with custom sound effects that don't actually do anything.
Hang on, the exterior light switches work fine in the a300 in that they turn the lights on and off (so its unfair to say they don't "do anything"). Its just that the lighting effects (e.g. the light shining on the aircraft itself) are tied to the panel lighting. I went through most of my other aircraft just to test, and found that they all pretty much work that way except for very few. Regardless, like I said, I only spend time in the cockpit. I can see an animated switch, I can use click-spots, and I can hear sound. I do not sit viewing the external model while flying, as any pilot trying to do that would be dead. I frankly would not care if the light switches put purple dinosaurs on the exterior because I do not see them. You obviously feel that the lighting is a big deal, and asked for a refund because of it. I personally don't agree, but you are entitled to your opinion. Like I said to each his own.

No, I'm not kidding. I'm also in no way claiming that FSX has no limitations. However I do feel it is completely dishonest for any developer to claim a specific features is not possible due to an FSX limitation when it has been produced by numerous competitors. In fact, its a flat out LIE."Hang on, the exterior light switches work fine in the a300 in that they turn the lights on and off"No, they don't. The wing, logo and dome lights are nothing more than switches with a sound effect."You obviously feel that the lighting is a big deal, and asked for a refund because of it."For an addon of this cost, yes I expect working lights, and I asked for a refund somewhat in jest after the developer stated that I was not forced to buy the product. Aerosoft has no refund policy.

Hi,I believe they said they made the decesion to not add these features to the Airbus due to time, effort and level of difficulty to include these features, not that it was a non-overcomable limitation of FSX. This is a quote from their forum.

Well, let me point out that FSX can only have "panel lights" by default for switchable light maps. So therefore, all switchable light maps run under the panel lights variable. So NO indenpendet light switching (wing, dome, logo etc.) It may sound simple to add some more custom lighting nodes, however, its very difficult and takes lots of time - and also performance. So therefore we decided that measured by the time to develop a custom and independet light setup just takes too long and takes away more performance - for the purpose of just beeing an "eye candy" ... In fact, its very complicated to achieve that - I think only PMDG has done that so far - in their MD-11 and JS41.
Although I agree with you in regards to a $50.00 addon, and IMHO are important features that should of been included, these are the standards they decided to set for their airbus. I myself will not purchase this aircraft due to the standards/price they set. However, I'm more a Boeing man myself, so its not that big of a loss for me. For those waiting for a superior Airbus, I feel sorry for you guys and gals, its been a long overdue aircraft that needs to be made to the standards of PMDG and Level-D.
I'm sorry but the "FSX limitation" excuse is a joke, which only seems to apply to certain developers. If you want to save FPS thats fine but then why waste resources modeling the switches, click-spots, sounds ect. Seems like a much bigger waste to have clickable, animated switches in the VC, with custom sound effects that don't actually do anything.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

This plane looks really nice, but I think all the talk about the "limitations" of FSX is not exactly true. There are many things you can do with FSX, even the guys @ REX have cloud shadows going, but they posted that many months ago. There is no lighting limitation that can prevent you from creating a darkened panel with some 3D lighting perhaps. It's just how you implement and how you use light maps and understand the lighting engine in FSX. By their screenshots it looks like they used 3D gauges, so it should have been a lot easier to implement VC lighting than using 2D gauges.BTW check these videos out (I do not own any of them):

<--- The FPS is low in this, but this video was before the MD-11 was released. Look at more MD-11 videos and see how smooth it is. Looks like some people even get 20-50FPS in this aircraft with ultra high settings.