Sign in to follow this  
Guest smegger

713 error

Guest smegger

I have recently installed RC on my Vista 32bit PC but I'm having the "713 and unregistered dll's" problem when I try to load my FSBuild2 flight plans into RC. I've followed the instructions in the "713 and unregistered dll's" post but without success. The eror message I got after following the instructions in the post was : "The module msstdfmt.dll failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found." I looked in the windows/system32 folder and it contained many other folders the names of which meant nothing to me but I couldn't see any .dll files. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I have recently installed RC on my Vista 32bit PC but I'm having the "713 and unregistered dll's" problem when I try to load my FSBuild2 flight plans into RC. I've followed the instructions in the "713 and unregistered dll's" post but without success. The eror message I got after following the instructions in the post was : "The module msstdfmt.dll failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found." I looked in the windows/system32 folder and it contained many other folders the names of which meant nothing to me but I couldn't see any .dll files. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
did you start the command window as admin? by type cmd in the search box, and pressing ctrl-shift-enter?

Guest smegger

Hello, Thanks for the rapid reply. Yes, I did as was suggested in the post. Everything went as it should until the last stage when I entered "regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll" and pressed ENTER. A window then opened with the error I described. You mention in your original post that I make sure that the missing .dll is in the windows\system32 directory. Will you expand on the location of the msstdfmt.dll file so that I can check if the file is there. If it is not there is there somewhere I could download it from.Thanks again for your response.

Hello, Thanks for the rapid reply. Yes, I did as was suggested in the post. Everything went as it should until the last stage when I entered "regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll" and pressed ENTER. A window then opened with the error I described. You mention in your original post that I make sure that the missing .dll is in the windows\system32 directory. Will you expand on the location of the msstdfmt.dll file so that I can check if the file is there. If it is not there is there somewhere I could download it from.Thanks again for your response.
send me a screen shot of the dos window, with the results of the regsvr32 commandalso, is msstdfmt.dll in the \system32 directory?jd