Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

Much better flight models, MS finally got it?

Guest BobKK

I don't have my copy yet but from what I am getting from some of the mini-reviews, the flight models in FS2004 are much better. Specifically, as someone said, the aircraft now have the feeling of having "inertia".I recall my initial flight in FS2002 with the 182RG, pitch control was way too sensitive and adjusting the sliders made no difference. I could barely control the plane using my flight yoke.Now, the consensus seems to be that the flight models are much better. I trust that overly sensitive pitch is no longer a problem.Bob K

I haven't flown all the planes yet but the lear has become my new favorite. Looks and flies great! Funny, because in the previous versions, it was almost worthless. Also the R22 is as good as a helicopter got so far in the FS series. Its the only one Ive been able to land without tipping over. Very easy to fly. I havn't tried the bell yet.Rob

I've just been flying the 172, but it definately feels different than the FS2002 version. Night and day, really. I'm not a real-world pilot so I can't comment on whether it is realistic, but my last two landings were right on the centerline, and this is something I was never able to do wiht the previous 172's (even some of the hacked air files).And, the 172 seems to fly with some solidity and inertia that wasn't there before. It's hard to quantify, because it's more an impression than something based on hard data or numbers, but it doesn't twitch around and every movement seems to have some weight behind it. It gives me more of the impression of sitting in a plane (where sometimes with FS2002 and definately with FS2000 I felt like I was moving a camera around).Whatever the case, I am really enjoying flying it. At this point, I don't foresee needing a replacement air file.

Guest RobK

MS definately made a huge improvement to the Learjet. It is much more stable now and easier to fly and steer on the ground. The 172 though felt the same to me as it did in FS2002. Didn't notice much of a difference there.I didn't care too much for the Baron's new flight model though. It was very twitchy and unstable. I ended up installing Steve Small's .air file for the Baron which made the Baron feel much smoother.Rob

So -I installed the Real Air SF260 in FS2004 (it was a snap to install).I know an update will be available for this masterpiece of an A/C, but I wanted to try it.I know the A/C files are the same - it's the same install as FS2002.But, FS2004 has a new/improved turbulance feel that makes flying feel a bit for real. Even with no winds at all, you ever so gently rock a bit while flying.Very nice.JerryG

Guest otter55

i fly the 172, cub, and the caravans in 2004,they are so much better than their 2002 counterparts that there is no comparison. i am leaving the air files alone.don

Are the default controls less sensitive? Anyone figured out if the "stick_sensitivitiy_mode=0" still works? Can't wait 'till tomorrow :)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF