Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonthedoors

Anyone a Flight Sim Youtuber?

Guest jonthedoors

Youtube is a big part of the Flight Sim community in my opinion, and is a brilliant way to see new products in action, make new flight sim buddies, and become a better pilot. I'd go as far to say as it's like a clubhouse.If you're keen on submitting and watching Flight Sim videos on youtube, you've probably come across Cessna154's videos.I was wondering if anyone in this forum knows of him, and if so, I'd like to know your opinions of him.Personally, no-one on the internet riles me up as much as this guy. I spend 90% of the time I watch his videos yelling at the screen because he's doing the complete wrong thing, but he sees himself as so high and mighty in the youtube community that he's doing everything correct and perfect. I'm sure any of you guys who've actually flown a real aircraft out there feel the same way. (I haven't, but the way he flies is so far gone it's unreal sometimes)And the commercial market seems to applaud this guy. He was in partnership with FSDreamscapes to give away scenery in the worst flight sim 'contest' I've ever seen (put it this way, to be a contender in the contest, you had to needlessly join his website, subscribe to his youtube channel, THEN post your video reply). I believe Justflight let him 'review' a few of their products, and he made a complete pigs ear of that. "They flying dynamics are very believable" He had said numerous times. I'd like to know what some of these developers are thinking, to be honest.I've been blocked from commenting on his youtube account because I was giving him constructive criticism a while back, trying to help him out, but he couldn't take it. He didn't want to displease his many subscribers. If you take the time to look around the site you can find some brilliant tutorials, reviews, and videos. I'll recommend Ramasurinen and poppa66 for general videos, FSX404s brilliant tutorials, and keysounddotcom's reviews. I'm proud to be part of a vibrant community, where people are friendly and offer advice and solutions. I'm eager to learn more all the time and I'm always open for suggestion. A rant about people who only care about subscribers and views on youtube is for another time, but Cessna154 seems to be the 'capitalist/corporate/sell out' end of the spectrum. If you're going to watch Flight Sim videos on youtube, I highly recommend you avoid this guy. There are far better places to go. He has no idea what he's on about.

I think you're being a bit too hard on him. Compared to the general demographics of the FS community he's a pretty young kid. I haven't seen a lot of videos but from the ones I've seen, including the reviews, he almost always prefaces them with the fact that he's not a real pilot and is just looking at the whole thing from an entertainment point of view.Just my two.

Youtube is a big part of the Flight Sim community in my opinion, and is a brilliant way to see new products in action, make new flight sim buddies, and become a better pilot. I'd go as far to say as it's like a clubhouse.If you're keen on submitting and watching Flight Sim videos on youtube, you've probably come across Cessna154's videos.I was wondering if anyone in this forum knows of him, and if so, I'd like to know your opinions of him.Personally, no-one on the internet riles me up as much as this guy. I spend 90% of the time I watch his videos yelling at the screen because he's doing the complete wrong thing, but he sees himself as so high and mighty in the youtube community that he's doing everything correct and perfect. I'm sure any of you guys who've actually flown a real aircraft out there feel the same way. (I haven't, but the way he flies is so far gone it's unreal sometimes)And the commercial market seems to applaud this guy. He was in partnership with FSDreamscapes to give away scenery in the worst flight sim 'contest' I've ever seen (put it this way, to be a contender in the contest, you had to needlessly join his website, subscribe to his youtube channel, THEN post your video reply). I believe Justflight let him 'review' a few of their products, and he made a complete pigs ear of that. "They flying dynamics are very believable" He had said numerous times. I'd like to know what some of these developers are thinking, to be honest.I've been blocked from commenting on his youtube account because I was giving him constructive criticism a while back, trying to help him out, but he couldn't take it. He didn't want to displease his many subscribers. If you take the time to look around the site you can find some brilliant tutorials, reviews, and videos. I'll recommend Ramasurinen and poppa66 for general videos, FSX404s brilliant tutorials, and keysounddotcom's reviews. I'm proud to be part of a vibrant community, where people are friendly and offer advice and solutions. I'm eager to learn more all the time and I'm always open for suggestion. A rant about people who only care about subscribers and views on youtube is for another time, but Cessna154 seems to be the 'capitalist/corporate/sell out' end of the spectrum. If you're going to watch Flight Sim videos on youtube, I highly recommend you avoid this guy. There are far better places to go. He has no idea what he's on about.
As much as I do not want to appear rude or ######y I do partially agree with your opinion on cessna154, he seems to spend less time flying and more time worrying about his fps or the latest piece of hardware, all I want to say to him is just GO FLY!!I do have a youtube account and i started posting my vids pretty early into the fsx world before there were hundreds of other accounts posting the same videos, I havent uploaded in a while but feel free to check out my videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/fsxvideosThanksRichy

Guest jonthedoors

That reminds me - Edetroit's videos are pretty damn good too, especially if you like airliners.