Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

No VC Cockpit after installing 747-800

Today was the first time I had a chance to use the 747-400 since installing the 747-800. I have tried the 400 several times to hopefully to do it right. Before starting FSX I go to the Config Mgr and select the two buttons for the 400 and click on save. I then start FSX and load a 400 aircraft. I can tell it is a 400 by looking at the engines. The rear part of the engine is certainly the 400 and the whole plane is certainly the 400. However, I have no VC. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?Thnk youMichael Cubine

Today was the first time I had a chance to use the 747-400 since installing the 747-800. I have tried the 400 several times to hopefully to do it right. Before starting FSX I go to the Config Mgr and select the two buttons for the 400 and click on save. I then start FSX and load a 400 aircraft. I can tell it is a 400 by looking at the engines. The rear part of the engine is certainly the 400 and the whole plane is certainly the 400. However, I have no VC. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?Thnk youMichael Cubine
You need to use the config utility that came with it to switch between the 400 and 8i or 8F. This is because PMDG is sharing the existing aircraft.cfg file, rather then set it up on it's own. The config, resets the view, contact points, lights for the model currently in use.Tom

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

TomIn the above post I indicated I am using the cfg utility as you called it. I call it the configuration manager. I have even tried the exe file in PMDG/747400 folders. that makes no difference. I just uninstalled ane reinstalled the 747-800. I still have no VC for the 400. Thank youMike Cubine

RobI have no idea what you are taking about. If I knew how to zoom which I don't, I don't know what you mean by start. When I start the PC, Windows, FSX, or PMDG?Thank youMike Cubine

RobI have no idea what you are taking about. If I knew how to zoom which I don't, I don't know what you mean by start. When I start the PC, Windows, FSX, or PMDG?Thank youMike Cubine
Mike, I think what Rob means is zoom out in FSX. When your in a view press the backspace key to reset zoom (sometimes needed as the zoom in & out keys can lose their sense of themselves). Then to zoom out press the - key (Minus). To zoom in press +Different views in FSX have different default zoom levels and different max zooms. Just keep pressing - in the virtual cockpit view is what I think Rob means. This is a must thing to do for me, since I use TrackIR and when I start in the VC all I can see is outside and have to max zoom out just to see that I'm in the cockpit. Then again, I'm a newb at TrackIR and hopefully will find better means.As far as your original post, I can't see anything you're doing wrong. When changing views the top right corner should tell you which view your in. If you set VC in the FSX display or general tab (I forget) you'l start out in that view, otherwise of course you'll start out in the 2D cockpit view. If any of this doesn't fit your situation, perhaps you can post a screenshot?Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

DanI tried your suggestion about the zoom in and out and it didn't work. Let me try to explain what I am seeing. The config manager is selected for the 400 and saved. I exit that, start FSX and select a 400 to fly. Everything is okay except when I press F9 for the VC. There is no VC. Up or down views show nothing but but runway, sky or whatever. If I turn 180 degrees I can see into the 400 cockpit. The 400 cockpit and plane are behind me. The plane works fine in 2D. I just flew it KSEA-PANC this morning with an autoland. It is prettty much impossible to fly by hand with no VC.Thank youMichael Cubine

DanI tried your suggestion about the zoom in and out and it didn't work. Let me try to explain what I am seeing. The config manager is selected for the 400 and saved. I exit that, start FSX and select a 400 to fly. Everything is okay except when I press F9 for the VC. There is no VC. Up or down views show nothing but but runway, sky or whatever. If I turn 180 degrees I can see into the 400 cockpit. The 400 cockpit and plane are behind me. The plane works fine in 2D. I just flew it KSEA-PANC this morning with an autoland. It is prettty much impossible to fly by hand with no VC.Thank youMichael Cubine
That's strange Michael, Strange because that seems to be what others have posted but that have not taken the steps of using the config manager that you obviously are doing. My only guess is that your using Vista or Win7 and the config manager is trying to write the config without admin authority... Try running the config manager thing-a-ma-jig as administrator. That's the only thing that comes to mind at the moment.You should be able to see the date of "Last modified" for your aircraft.cfg in you 747-400 or 747-400f folder change to the time you chose "Save" if things are going correctly I would imagine.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I had that happen once. Reinstalling her fixed it in my case. Make sure you uninstall everything 747.

Dan Downs KCRP

Turbine777Running the config manager as adminstrator seems to have done the trick. The 400 VC is working fine now. I appreciate your suggestion very much.Thank youMichael CubineDanSince the administrator thing worked fine, I did not uninstall and reinstall the 400 and 800. I better leave well enough alone. Thanks, anyway.Thank youMikle Cubine