Sign in to follow this  
Knightstalker

PMDG 747-400X

I resently got the PMDG B747-400X and i have one problem. When I am doing a flight it will follow the FMS Flight plan for about 1 1/2 hour then it starts turning left and right off course and will not stop.

I have the same issue.I also have the banking left and right during the climb to cruise and also in the cruise.Any help on this, pleaseRegardsGerry Scott

Gerry, usually it is caused by unrealistic wind shifts in MSFS. Only fix is to either clear weather (no weather) or to use registered version of FSUIPC. It has wind/pressure/temp smoothing feature that helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gerry, usually it is caused by unrealistic wind shifts in MSFS. Only fix is to either clear weather (no weather) or to use registered version of FSUIPC. It has wind/pressure/temp smoothing feature that helps.
Dan,Thankyou for your reply.I managed to sort my problem by runniing the flight1 reg repair as per the info as 1 of the options on the PMDG info page. I'm 4 hours into a flight from KSFO to EGLL and all is good.But thanks again (wouldn't be the same without real weather)CheersGerry Scott

I recently started getting this problem as well.It's not my weather, I'm using ASA and FSUIPC wind smoothing. I've been flying the PMDG 747 for 8 or so months and have never seen this problem. It's just going in a straight line on LNAV, no problem and suddenly it steers left or right like crazy, to the point where the "bank angle" alert goes off. After fighting it for awhile, it just starts to work again.Very strange.What's this flight1 reg repair, in my years of simming I've never heard of it. :( Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

Hi guys, i am also getting this problem now [never did before] [PMDG 747-400 not tracking or locking onto the FMC and "swaying" side to side]i run the licenced version of FSUIPC and just use FSX real time [updated every 15 min] weather.may someone please help.Also would like to know how Gerry Scott solved it using flight1 reg repair [ like Jeff i havn't heard of it either.] thanks for your time and helpkind regardsAndrew Fletcher

The problem is ASA Direct wind control (DWC), or I should say it's a combination ASA PMDG problem, as it only occurs with PMDG aircraft, with DWC turned on. Turn off DWC and just use FSUIPC wind smoothing and the problem goes away.Tom

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thank you Tom for helping out.Could you please help further by explaining to me where and how do i find and adjust the ASA Direct wind control [ or Turn off DWC and just use FSUIPC wind smoothing].i have FSX if that helps.thank you very muchkind regardsAndrew Fletcher

Thank you Tom for helping out.Could you please help further by explaining to me where and how do i find and adjust the ASA Direct wind control [ or Turn off DWC and just use FSUIPC wind smoothing].i have FSX if that helps.thank you very muchkind regardsAndrew Fletcher
The DWC switch is in the Winds section in the option menu of ASA. You must have a registered copy (payware version) of FSUIPC to use the smoothing optionsTom

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

This problem is not related to DWC in ASA, I have ASA but do not use DWC, that's why I bought FSUIPC. I don't like how the ATIS reports are wrong when using DWC.If I have time today I'm going to try a flight using either default weather or REX2.0 weather instead of ASA just to prove this is not an ASA problem. (ASA has it's own share of issues :( )The MD-11 or Level-D 767 doesn't sway from side to side, only the 744 (and 748).There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to when it starts swaying either, sometimes it's just after takeoff, sometimes its on decent and sometimes it's just randomly in cruise.I suppose I should go to work though, I'm already a couple of hours late... :( Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

This problem is not related to DWC in ASA, I have ASA but do not use DWC, that's why I bought FSUIPC. I don't like how the ATIS reports are wrong when using DWC.If I have time today I'm going to try a flight using either default weather or REX2.0 weather instead of ASA just to prove this is not an ASA problem. (ASA has it's own share of issues :( )The MD-11 or Level-D 767 doesn't sway from side to side, only the 744 (and 748).There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to when it starts swaying either, sometimes it's just after takeoff, sometimes its on decent and sometimes it's just randomly in cruise.I suppose I should go to work though, I'm already a couple of hours late... :( Jeff Calder
With ASA DWC on, my flight will last about 5 minutes, before the aircraft starts hunting for a heading. Turn it off, and I can fly all the way across the Atlantic with the 744 (or 8) tracking perfectly. I can duplicate this behavior over and over.Tom

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Thanks Tom,I hate to ask a silly question but i have no idea what the DWC or the ACA is and/or how to find it to adjust it or where to adjust it.As you may have noticed i am not very good with computers. thanksAndrew

ASA stands for Active Sky Advanced, it's an add-on weather program.http://www2.hifisim.com/DWC is "Direct Wind Control", which is a part of the ASA program to attempt to smooth out wind problems in FSX.I realize Tom is having a problem while using DWC and I'm not disputing it. But I believe Andrew and I are having what sounds like a similar problem and it is not related to ASA or DWC, since Andrew doesn't have ASA and his 744 is steering all over the place, as is mine. I do not have DWC enabled in ASA anyway because it messes up the ATIS reports for airports.I haven't flown since yesterday and I'm not sure if I will have a chance to today yet, but if I do I'll keep an eye on it. I don't have any new information to deliver at this point.Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

ASA stands for Active Sky Advanced, it's an add-on weather program.http://www2.hifisim.com/DWC is "Direct Wind Control", which is a part of the ASA program to attempt to smooth out wind problems in FSX.I realize Tom is having a problem while using DWC and I'm not disputing it. But I believe Andrew and I are having what sounds like a similar problem and it is not related to ASA or DWC, since Andrew doesn't have ASA and his 744 is steering all over the place, as is mine. I do not have DWC enabled in ASA anyway because it messes up the ATIS reports for airports.I haven't flown since yesterday and I'm not sure if I will have a chance to today yet, but if I do I'll keep an eye on it. I don't have any new information to deliver at this point.Jeff Calder
There's one other reason for tracking problems, and that is the registry path. It can be corrected by using the flight1 registry fix utility. It's documented in the OPS section.http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/How_t...Tracking_ErrorsTom.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!