Sign in to follow this  
Guest killerwatt

Controller Problem

Guest killerwatt

Hep! I have a Logitech G25 for my racing sims and I also have a Microsoft sidewinder joystick for my flightsimming. The problem is how can I get FSX to ignore my logitech g25 without unplugging it every time I want to fly in FSX? When I move the joystick the G25 goes haywire and interferes with the controls. Can someone help please?

Hep! I have a Logitech G25 for my racing sims and I also have a Microsoft sidewinder joystick for my flightsimming. The problem is how can I get FSX to ignore my logitech g25 without unplugging it every time I want to fly in FSX? When I move the joystick the G25 goes haywire and interferes with the controls. Can someone help please?
You should be able to disable it in the device manager. Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager. It shuould be listed in the Human Interface Devices tree. Right click on the G25 entry and select "disable."RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest killerwatt

Thanks for the Hint but surely there has to be an easier way without having to go into device manager everytime I want to swap between flight simming and racing?

HelloA registered Fsuipc will do this and more:Like controller setups for each aircraft individually or by profiles, controller response slopes.And a lot of other things like button programming , mouse macros , Lua scripting.

thanks for the info guys.
I second the registered FSUIPC suggestion. I find that addon to be essentialfor my setup...an X-45 stick & throttle plus a Saitek Pro yoke and twothrottle quadrants and some old CH analog rudder pedals. I disable the X-45 thottle axis and use those on the pro quads. I disablethe yoke axis and use the X-45 stick. I use buttons and switches on theX-45 stick & throttle plus the dual Pro quads.I have complex configurations for the various elements for A/C like theA2A B-377 such that I can operate pretty much all the essential A/Ccontrols without having to touch the mouse or keyboard. All thiswould not be possible without FSUIPC.Just the ability to have seperate profiles for each aircraft that are automatically loaded when you select that aircraft makes FSUIPC worthwile.And the support for FSUIPC is superb. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

in FSX, go to the Controls settings, select the G25 and delete all the axes assignments.
What a simple solution, which should work for the OP. Of course if you are using a yoke for some aircraft and a joystick for others in FSX, it would be a hassle to add and delete axis assignments each time you change controllers.I just plug game controllers into the front USB ports according to what I'm doing. After all, what are the front ports for? I do have rudder pedals plugged into a rear port and the joystick twist axis disabled in FSX.

Art