Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

IM really starting to get angry.

Whats the deal with my PC. I have been posting threads about other peoples performance compared to mine when they have a similar setup.i7 920 D0 Oced to 3.6gtx 260 w/ a 23" running 1920x1080p9Ghz Ram.....its 1600 8-8-8-24 i believe BIOS says its running at a speed of 1446MHz i think. the next step up was faster than the RAM was rated for. Rampage II Genefsx is on its own HD partition @ 10000RPMsWhat gives, I have to have simple clouds with water on 1x to run any payware aircraft. all scenery is stock. I have been seeing everyone with REX and all this other stuff having great performance. Why not me?Also I have a 650W PSU. IS my PC being starved of power? what about my GFX card? IF I upgraded to an 850W PSU could my PC run better or as before am I not being stared of power on my current PSU? please help...everything is setup per NickN.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Guest chris493

Well the first thing I notice is that you are running 9GB non tri channel ram, instead of 6GB tri channel

Guest jahman
9Ghz Ram.....its 1600 8-8-8-24 i believe BIOS says its running at a speed of 1446MHz i think. the next step up was faster than the RAM was rated for.
Not an expert here, but your RAM seems slow: See the SAMPLES OF MEMORY SPEED/TIMING section in NickN's post at http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041 listing 1600 RAM at triple 7's, and even 2000 RAM also at triple 7's timing...Cheers,- jahman

Guest FlyingBits
Whats the deal with my PC. I have been posting threads about other peoples performance compared to mine when they have a similar setup.i7 920 D0 Oced to 3.6gtx 260 w/ a 23" running 1920x1080p9Ghz Ram.....its 1600 8-8-8-24 i believe BIOS says its running at a speed of 1446MHz i think. the next step up was faster than the RAM was rated for. Rampage II Genefsx is on its own HD partition @ 10000RPMsWhat gives, I have to have simple clouds with water on 1x to run any payware aircraft. all scenery is stock. I have been seeing everyone with REX and all this other stuff having great performance. Why not me?Also I have a 650W PSU. IS my PC being starved of power? what about my GFX card? IF I upgraded to an 850W PSU could my PC run better or as before am I not being stared of power on my current PSU? please help...everything is setup per NickN.
Forget about your ram for right now, though its a tad on the slow side, putiing in the fasted stuff wont hardly be noticed, so we can get back to that later.Lets provide some specifics so we can help:Tell us all you can, what OS, what NV drivers and what settings in them. Nest tell us about your FSX display settings and please post your FSX.cfg as well, it will tell us a lot.

Forget about your ram for right now, though its a tad on the slow side, putiing in the fasted stuff wont hardly be noticed, so we can get back to that later.Lets provide some specifics so we can help:Tell us all you can, what OS, what NV drivers and what settings in them. Nest tell us about your FSX display settings and please post your FSX.cfg as well, it will tell us a lot.
Alright I will do that when I get home, I am at school right now in between classes lol. Thanks for the help its very much appreciated.

Matt kubanda

Alright I will do that when I get home, I am at school right now in between classes lol. Thanks for the help its very much appreciated.
Also try re-installing the latest chipset drivers.

Here is my fsx.cfg file flyingbits. I hope this helps with the discussion.As for the OS and other things,W7 64bitnvidia drivers are version 196.21as for my memory...it is pretty slow. I was looking at upgrading it to 3x2 sticks but I don't know exactly how to shop for RAM. What is considered fast or slow and Which brands are good and bad. Also, this all started when I upgraded to the new monitor. I came from a 17" 1280x1024 resolution to the 23" 1920x1080p monitor. I knew I would see some perf drops but not this much and surely not on every other game I have on my PC. CoD MW2 didn't do anything. Its perf stayed the same. FarCry 2 and Crysis dropped like no other. Heck I can't even run the original FarCry maxed out without seeing fps go into the low 20's. I am sad to say the least :(Also my FSX settings are normal i guess you would say. medium high. No bloom or detailed clouds. water is high 1x. Traffic is set to 20% while car and boat traffic do not hurt my perf. nomatter what level they are on. DX9 mode. Nhancer settings are as per NickN.

Matt kubanda

Heck I can't even run the original FarCry maxed out without seeing fps go into the low 20's. I am sad to say the least :(
Something is seriously wrong then. I noticed your PC is overclocked.... is it prime stable? Or OCCT stable for 24 hrs? I'm thinking the RAM may be playing a role here also. I can run Crysis with 2x AA at 1280x1024 with room to spare, and my PC is older than yours. The resolution you run shouldn't have that much impact considering you run the GTX 260.I will also await more detailed specs... also detailed specs on your PSU.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Something is seriously wrong then. I noticed your PC is overclocked.... is it prime stable? Or OCCT stable for 24 hrs? I'm thinking the RAM may be playing a role here also. I can run Crysis with 2x AA at 1280x1024 with room to spare, and my PC is older than yours. The resolution you run shouldn't have that much impact considering you run the GTX 260.I will also await more detailed specs... also detailed specs on your PSU.
see thats the deal.....i could run crysis maxed out on my old monitor which was 1280x1024. All my games were maxed out...except fsx but i got heck of alot better perf. then I do now. When I first oCed my CPU. It was Prime95 stable for 24hrs. My PSU has three 12v rails with each one having 22v,25v,22v. I thought it could be the voltage but idk much about PSUs.

Matt kubanda

Guest FlyingBits
see thats the deal.....i could run crysis maxed out on my old monitor which was 1280x1024. All my games were maxed out...except fsx but i got heck of alot better perf. then I do now. When I first oCed my CPU. It was Prime95 stable for 24hrs. My PSU has three 12v rails with each one having 22v,25v,22v. I thought it could be the voltage but idk much about PSUs.
Cfg looks ok, nothing stands out or looks corrupted but that was hard to read that way.....1.Have you monitored temps while gaming at all? Stock keatSink? If so, try backing off on that O/C a bit and see what result you get, maybe 3.3-3.42.Notice you have AccelerationPack installed, what was your order of installs with the srvice packs (FSX SP1 etc)?3.take a look in your Windows device manager as to the display hardware and the monitor, any double or flaged entries? Describes your new monitor correctly?

Cfg looks ok, nothing stands out or looks corrupted but that was hard to read that way.....1.Have you monitored temps while gaming at all? Stock keatSink? If so, try backing off on that O/C a bit and see what result you get, maybe 3.3-3.42.Notice you have AccelerationPack installed, what was your order of installs with the srvice packs (FSX SP1 etc)?3.take a look in your Windows device manager as to the display hardware and the monitor, any double or flaged entries? Describes your new monitor correctly?
I changed my heat sink to the SpinQ heat sink. MY temps never go above 65C when gaming.The order I installed was FSX then SP1 then Accel pack while restarting after every install.Device Manager says my monitor is a Generic PnP monitor. Hope that helps. I also really thank you for your help. Its nice to see some of you guys trying. Thank you all of you.

Matt kubanda

Guest FlyingBits
I changed my heat sink to the SpinQ heat sink. MY temps never go above 65C when gaming.The order I installed was FSX then SP1 then Accel pack while restarting after every install.Device Manager says my monitor is a Generic PnP monitor. Hope that helps. I also really thank you for your help. Its nice to see some of you guys trying. Thank you all of you.
Your welcome for the help, we have all been there.The above all looks ok, you might try finding a driver for your monitior, though I doubt that will resolve anything for you here.Lets just do things one at a time...Notice you have Aniso and AA checked in your cfg, but you also said you set it up per Nick, If that is the case you shouls uncheck in game AA and set filtering to Trilinear< these are just in FSX as you have set up enhancer to over-ride your image quality should still be fine.Change those settings, exit and restart FSX, any difference?

Your welcome for the help, we have all been there.The above all looks ok, you might try finding a driver for your monitior, though I doubt that will resolve anything for you here.Lets just do things one at a time...Notice you have Aniso and AA checked in your cfg, but you also said you set it up per Nick, If that is the case you shouls uncheck in game AA and set filtering to Trilinear< these are just in FSX as you have set up enhancer to over-ride your image quality should still be fine.Change those settings, exit and restart FSX, any difference?
So I went over NickN's guide and started from scratch...I noticed that my settings werent perfectly like NickN's. I saw stellar improvement in my default aircraft. I still would like to see more improvement in the payware realm of things. What kind of perf. do you get Paul? I have been looking into REX and other add-ons like that but I dont want to shell out the money if I cant use it to its full potential. Also my other games had no other perf. increases. I would like to get those up to par because I play those a lot as well. I am assuming faster Ram would help perf. on Crysis and Farcry 2 correct?

Matt kubanda

Have you tried changing your resolution on the new monitor to what you ran on the old - just to see if there's a significant difference?

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest FlyingBits
So I went over NickN's guide and started from scratch...I noticed that my settings werent perfectly like NickN's. I saw stellar improvement in my default aircraft. I still would like to see more improvement in the payware realm of things. What kind of perf. do you get Paul? I have been looking into REX and other add-ons like that but I dont want to shell out the money if I cant use it to its full potential. Also my other games had no other perf. increases. I would like to get those up to par because I play those a lot as well. I am assuming faster Ram would help perf. on Crysis and Farcry 2 correct?
Let