Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

IM really starting to get angry.

I downloaded 3dMark vantage and used their tril benchmark run. my score and results were these....it was on 1280x1024 resolution though. not full HD. I also took out my 3x1 sticks of RAM so now I only have a 3x2 setup of 6Gb. my RAM in extremely slow. I looked it up. CPU-Z says the freq is 714mhz at 8-8-8-24. I also believe that my RAm is DDR3 1066 and if that is the case then I could use an upgrade. I was thinking 6GB 3x2 DDR3 1600 Mushkin redlines...If I need them.3DMark Score P11424 3DMarks CPU Score 44061 Graphics Score 33949

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Also here are my results of windows doing its indexing and rating test. the picture is attached.Why is my hard drive lacking..... Granted windows is on its own partition, vista is on its own partition and then FSX and all my other games are in its own partition. three partitions all on one physical drive. Is that bad?

Matt kubanda

Guest FlyingBits
Also here are my results of windows doing its indexing and rating test. the picture is attached.Why is my hard drive lacking..... Granted windows is on its own partition, vista is on its own partition and then FSX and all my other games are in its own partition. three partitions all on one physical drive. Is that bad?
I think most everthing looks just fine, as far as the HD, I do not have an answer for that one, maybe Max or someone else can chime in here with a solution for you, but I have always kept different OS and FS on different drives, not that it might be the problem.My 1T WD Black 7200 scores the same as your 10000, so maybe you do have an issue there.As long as you checked out the memory benchmarks in that link from the previous post on what faster ram will and wont do for you, then sure those redlines are nice.I would say at this point it is probably just in the balance of your settings, you'll have to find the sweet spot that works for you, what you can live with and without.

I think most everthing looks just fine, as far as the HD, I do not have an answer for that one, maybe Max or someone else can chime in here with a solution for you, but I have always kept different OS and FS on different drives, not that it might be the problem.My 1T WD Black 7200 scores the same as your 10000, so maybe you do have an issue there.As long as you checked out the memory benchmarks in that link from the previous post on what faster ram will and wont do for you, then sure those redlines are nice.I would say at this point it is probably just in the balance of your settings, you'll have to find the sweet spot that works for you, what you can live with and without.
I was looking at those benchmarks...I have no idea how to gauge them. it had 102 % and other numbers...what does that mean?

Matt kubanda

Guest jahman
Why is my hard drive lacking..... Granted windows is on its own partition, vista is on its own partition
In his "SETTING UP FSX and HOW TO TUNE IT" post at: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041NickN says (the caps are his!):QUOTERULES WHEN SETTING UP STORAGE:DO NOT PARTITION A DRIVE AND PLACE A OS OR FSX ON A PARTITION OTHER THAN THE FIRST PHYSICAL PARITION OF THE DRIVEALWAYS MAKE SURE THERE IS A MINIMUM OF 40-50% FREESPACE ON ANY PERFORMANCE DRIVE OR PARTITION (OS or FSX)UNQUOTECheers,- jahman.

In his "SETTING UP FSX and HOW TO TUNE IT" post at: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041NickN says (the caps are his!):QUOTERULES WHEN SETTING UP STORAGE:DO NOT PARTITION A DRIVE AND PLACE A OS OR FSX ON A PARTITION OTHER THAN THE FIRST PHYSICAL PARITION OF THE DRIVEALWAYS MAKE SURE THERE IS A MINIMUM OF 40-50% FREESPACE ON ANY PERFORMANCE DRIVE OR PARTITION (OS or FSX)UNQUOTECheers,- jahman.
So does that mean dont partition my HD. I have more than half free on all partitions.

Matt kubanda

Guest FlyingBits
So does that mean dont partition my HD. I have more than half free on all partitions.
First of all your OS is no doubt on your first partition, so that in it self does not address the 5.9 score, which is not bad, but probably not optimal for a 10000 rpm drive.Sure you would be better to set up FSX on a seperated drive, and if it is partitioned to put FSX on the first partition, which is on the outside of the platter, which spins the fastest.That it is not what you have done though is not of great concern unless you have a lot of scenery add-ons, are starting to think of investing in a lot of add-ons or are about to upgrade your drives, then by all means, re-install FSX on a seperate drive.

First of all your OS is no doubt on your first partition, so that in it self does not address the 5.9 score, which is not bad, but probably not optimal for a 10000 rpm drive.Sure you would be better to set up FSX on a seperated drive, and if it is partitioned to put FSX on the first partition, which is on the outside of the platter, which spins the fastest.That it is not what you have done though is not of great concern unless you have a lot of scenery add-ons, are starting to think of investing in a lot of add-ons or are about to upgrade your drives, then by all means, re-install FSX on a seperate drive.
Im thinking about jsut buying a separate drive in the really near future. They are relatively cheap these days. MY computer is an upgrade in progress...meaning I bought it with the bare minimum and planned on getting better this and faster that. As long as I had the i7 and the gtx 260, I would be happy. AS stated before, i plan on upgrading RAM sooner or later and then get a blueray disc drive just to say I have one. all in all FSX is running a lot better but then again texture loading times could get a little faster. My other games had no improvement.....sad is the state I am in.

Matt kubanda