Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

how do you realistically determine new areas to fly in for profit?

I'm a sucker for keepin' it realbut at the same time I'm almost a 100% payware flightsimmer, I only fly payware a/c and only to payware or really good freeware add-on scenery, no default stuff at all..so... how to I blend/mix the two?what I'm trying to get at is this:there is some awesome scenery made for FS9 - Montana unleashed 1 and 2now I would like to simulate an on demand same day air cargo service among those airports and yet when I got to flightaware, a lot of those airports very see hardly any traffic.how would a real world company open new service at small little airports, etc?thanks

Ciao!

You could go into the flight-sim time-machine.. and go back to the days when flying bank paperwork (mostly checks) was a booming business. It would have to be between reasonably sized cities, no closer than 200nm.. with a big city as a "hub". And it would be mostly night flying, but it could incorporate small aircraft. I know a guy who did it in a 180hp Warrior.I have my own little virtual charter service focusing around where the three biggest, Great Lakes merge (Michigan, Huron, Superior). It has resort islands to service, as well as scheduled cargo/passenger service where driving distance is prohibitive... ala Green Bay/Traverse City. To drive twixt those cities means circumnavigatong Lake Michigan (300-400 miles).. whereas the flight across the lake is barely 60 miles.

I guess you could join FS Economy and make some virtual $$.

thanks all, I guess If I really want to get anal about it, I could look up the cities and check population and see what type of business are there as well..

Ciao!