Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Radar Contact 4 not answering

Recently I installed the newest version of RC4 but it is not working correctly a lot of the times. About every 2-3rd flight when instructed to contact the tower, ground or someone else that person will not answer, they just keep telling me to contact _____ and I key the #1 key, but they never will answer. Also strange, sometimes the radio will automaticly tune it's self and sometimes I have to do it myself. Nothing is consistant ! Of course after 15 minutes of fighting to get the radio to answer up, my whole flight is ruined and I stop the whole mess. I really like flying with RC4 but at this current state it is totaly un sat. It seems to happen more often when I'm also using Flight Deck Companion (FDC) but I'm not 100 % sure about this yet. I might check out that other ATC program,FS Flight Commander to see if it will work better. I could always go back to FS 2004 ATC. Anyone have the same problem? Thanks jerrycwo4

Recently I installed the newest version of RC4 but it is not working correctly a lot of the times. About every 2-3rd flight when instructed to contact the tower, ground or someone else that person will not answer, they just keep telling me to contact _____ and I key the #1 key, but they never will answer. Also strange, sometimes the radio will automaticly tune it's self and sometimes I have to do it myself. Nothing is consistant ! Of course after 15 minutes of fighting to get the radio to answer up, my whole flight is ruined and I stop the whole mess. I really like flying with RC4 but at this current state it is totaly un sat. It seems to happen more often when I'm also using Flight Deck Companion (FDC) but I'm not 100 % sure about this yet. I might check out that other ATC program,FS Flight Commander to see if it will work better. I could always go back to FS 2004 ATC. Anyone have the same problem? Thanks jerrycwo4
Hello JerryFirst thing to check is have you rebuilt the scenery database after installing the newest version of RC4 (4.3.3845)Second, are any other addons using the same key combinations (FDC ect)I know that you have some Goflight modules, If you have the Goflight Radios then turn off autotune in the RC options and use your Goflight module.Thirdly turn on debug and send the log to JD and also post your support questions in the Radar Contact forum here at AvsimThe log will tell support exactly what is occurring.After using Radar Contact the default ATC will be a bit of a let down, you may also check out Proflight Emulator for a very nice ATC program

You'd get a more direct faster response posting on the RC support forum here on AVSIM (and anyone can view that forum).Here's some things to check:1. You have the comms and not Otto (the virtual co-pilot for those unfamiliar with RC).2. The option to Autotune on Contact is set.3. The comm frequency derived from your scenery can be handled OK by your comm radios and that you have run from within RC the database rebuild insuring that the updated makerwys.exe version 4.41 at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html is installed in your FS folder. In version 4, however, the comm frequencies are not derived from your current scenery. Version 5 will do that. You can set comm frequencies if need be in the Control Panel tab of RC but they will not stick between sessions. If the comm frequencies are not found in RC4's database typical defaults will be used.4. As mad dog posted you need to check for keyboard assignment conflicts between possibly FDC and RC. Note in the RC app window there is a utility to redefine its key strokes if necessary.5. Always make sure the FS window is in focus (hot) when responding to RC.6. If you are using an FMC or other device that has keyboard capture turned on the specific keystrokes will not be passed on to add-on apps including RC. Redefine the RC key assignments.As posted in the RC forum pinned topics, send a log to developer "jd" when this problem occurs. That will show if RC is receiving the keystrokes.

Thanks for those great replies. It will take awhile to go through them. Problem is I had a PERFECT flight this morning while using RC4 and Flight Deck Companion (FDC). I seem to have more perfect flights when before each flight I RE-define the path in RC4 to the "flights/weather" folder. but I should NOT have to redefine this path every time I fly. Thanks jerrycwo4

The only time you need to redefine a path in RC4 is for a scenery rebuild. I created a text file with that path and saved it to my desktop so I can copy/paste it in.In your rcv4 folder there is a keyboard.dat file where your key assignments and other information reside. There also is an rcv3.dat file which contains sticky information of your last flight and path used to .wx/.pln folder if I'm reading it correctly. Whatever, if you are on VISTA or WIN 7 their security system could be interfering with writing to those files. Be sure you have a shortcut to RC that has run as admin set (and the same is recommended for FS as well). (Don't edit those .dat files as some of those entries are fixed length fields.)

Thanks for those great replies. It will take awhile to go through them. Problem is I had a PERFECT flight this morning while using RC4 and Flight Deck Companion (FDC). I seem to have more perfect flights when before each flight I RE-define the path in RC4 to the "flights/weather" folder. but I should NOT have to redefine this path every time I fly. Thanks jerrycwo4