Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erich22

Aerosoft Catalina or RealAir Duke?

Thanks all. I think I am going with the Duke. Will the Duke run on Windows 7 64bit? Can't seem to find the system specs anywhere.
Like a scalded cat.

On my system at least this causes a significant loss of frames, surprising really considering system modeling is no more sophisticated than the 260 for example which has excellent FPS.
Nope. The Duke has a very large increase of polygons compared to the SF260, has almost twice the number of gauges, has textures of higher resolution, has more detailed bump mapping, has a huge suite of stereo seperated sounds, and the list goes on. You cannot expect the same performance, but the new patch gives detail options.Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hello Robert! Is it true that you're working on a Royal Turbine version?Thank You

If You can afford, go for both!Totally different planes, but awesome in terms of quality, FPS friendly.Duke is the only small twin prop which I fly now.Catalina has outstanding detail, but I think it will be difficult to fly without TrackIR. It is slow, demanding and glide prety well in case of an engine failure.Go for both, really!

Yes we are.Cheers,Rob
WEEEEDOGY I can't wait.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest Erich22

Ok. I got the Duke last night. I did a quick test flight and not bad. My only concern is that the graphics are not as crisp. The panel is a bit blurry or hazy. Any suggestions? I have everything set at highest quality with AA and AF at 8X.

Yes we are.Cheers,Rob
Excellent news Rob! Don't mean to sound cheeky but would this be a discreet buy even for owners of the Duke or do you have any plans of a discounted price for such individuals?Looking forward for it regardless as a turbine Duke would be usable with the small airfields in PNW! :(

Ok. I got the Duke last night. I did a quick test flight and not bad. My only concern is that the graphics are not as crisp. The panel is a bit blurry or hazy. Any suggestions? I have everything set at highest quality with AA and AF at 8X.
Could you post a screenshot? My PC and video card are somewhat dated and it is one of the best looking panels I've seen. Mind the jpg compression but this is what I see from a somewhat zoomed out perspective and then a close in panel shot:fsscr000-50.jpgfsscr005-34.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Could you post a screenshot? My PC and video card are somewhat dated and it is one of the best looking panels I've seen.
One more..

Bert

Those 3D Gauges are so beautiful!!!! I find it very hard to fly any other GA aircraft when the Duke is available in the hanger :(

Yes we are.Cheers,Rob
is turbo duke something near term or more distant.... I know you can't be specific, but trying to budget my FSX add-on dollars. :( Not complaining if more distant.....