Sign in to follow this  
ymh1300

Holding short of departure RWY

After I am instructed to taxi and hold short of departure rwy, I aknowledge and tax, then I wait there for a long time, last time I waited at EDDS for 42 minutes, there were planes arriving at the same rwy, but sometimes there were 15 to 17 miles separation, and I still had to wait. I finally taxi into the rwy , and I was reprimended by the controller.Today I was taking off from EDDF , mostly everybody is departing from RWY 25 R, I was assigned RWY 25L, I aknowlege and taxied to it , I noticed heavy traffic arriving on both rwys 25R and 25 L. Most departing aircraft are waiting on a line of about at RW25, I am second behind an LH A300 (I am using WOAI) for Rw 25L, all of the sudden the A300 enters the rwy and stops ready for takeoff roll, So far I have heard chatter from contollers to the planes departing and arriving, but no communication to LH flight#10, the A300 in front on me, on the FSCommander connected via wide FS I can see a line of aircraft approaching RWY 25L even the A300 is standing on it. One by one I heard the controller giving landing clearence to each one of the landing aircraft, and right before landing giving them the go around order, this happened over 10 times. When I noticed that no aircraft are whthin 12 miles to the airport I decided to enter the RWY and go around the A300 still waiting there, and I got a message from the controller telling me that I was told to hold short. What is going on?ThanksJuan

After I am instructed to taxi and hold short of departure rwy, I aknowledge and tax, then I wait there for a long time, last time I waited at EDDS for 42 minutes, there were planes arriving at the same rwy, but sometimes there were 15 to 17 miles separation, and I still had to wait. I finally taxi into the rwy , and I was reprimended by the controller.Today I was taking off from EDDF , mostly everybody is departing from RWY 25 R, I was assigned RWY 25L, I aknowlege and taxied to it , I noticed heavy traffic arriving on both rwys 25R and 25 L. Most departing aircraft are waiting on a line of about at RW25, I am second behind an LH A300 (I am using WOAI) for Rw 25L, all of the sudden the A300 enters the rwy and stops ready for takeoff roll, So far I have heard chatter from contollers to the planes departing and arriving, but no communication to LH flight#10, the A300 in front on me, on the FSCommander connected via wide FS I can see a line of aircraft approaching RWY 25L even the A300 is standing on it. One by one I heard the controller giving landing clearence to each one of the landing aircraft, and right before landing giving them the go around order, this happened over 10 times. When I noticed that no aircraft are whthin 12 miles to the airport I decided to enter the RWY and go around the A300 still waiting there, and I got a message from the controller telling me that I was told to hold short. What is going on?ThanksJuan
this is almost alway caused by not updating the rc scenery database. there is a link pinned to the top of the forum for the latest makeryws.exe - go download it, and place it in the fs root directorythen click the "rebuild rc scenery database button" and then see if the problem persistsjd

If the problem still persists insure when first in line get close enough to the runway. If you are in a large high cockpit jetliner the view is distorted and you could be further back than you think.Before rebuilding your scenery database be sure you have makernwys.exe version 4.41 from here as well as the appropriate FSUIPC current version from this same location:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlmakerwys listed in the FS2004 section is also for FSX. It fixes some scenery priority issues in its reading of your scenery. Install that in your FS folder overwriting your current version.Always run the scenery rebuild from within RC as additional processes occur. You should see first makerwys running counting up airports and runways, then a button to OK its status, followed by some pop-ups that need OK regarding copying and making files. After the last one wait a few seconds. Restart RC after this.If you are on VISTA or Win 7 be sure FS and RC are running with admin privileges so processing and copying is not hindered by the Windows security system.