Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pappy55

Off course?

Guest Pappy55

I brought RC the other night and decided to do some flights..Last night's flight was ok but today somthing happended i cant understand..I was happily flying from EGKK - EGAA when half way throught the flight when the controler gave me a vector that was almost reverseing my course so i just did it anyway and after 10-15 mins thee was no word from them so I just resumed my flightplan when i got to the same waypoint again I was given a repramand my atc asking do i need special assistance and re vectored me back reverseing my course again...This ruined my flight and forced me to shut down fs9.. :( Any idea why ATC was being like this?

I brought RC the other night and decided to do some flights..Last night's flight was ok but today somthing happended i cant understand..I was happily flying from EGKK - EGAA when half way throught the flight when the controler gave me a vector that was almost reverseing my course so i just did it anyway and after 10-15 mins thee was no word from them so I just resumed my flightplan when i got to the same waypoint again I was given a repramand my atc asking do i need special assistance and re vectored me back reverseing my course again...This ruined my flight and forced me to shut down fs9.. :( Any idea why ATC was being like this?
almost always caused by a missed checkpoint. it's possible you had a departure procedure in the .pln, you missed a checkpoint, and you got turned around. it's also possible that you were flying at 4x, and missed a checkpoint. it could be that you didn't acknowledge a clearance, passed a checkpoint, and never got credit for it.without a log, i'm only guessing. if you can duplicate the problem, make a log and send it to me. instructions pinned to the top of the forumjd

The RC4 window has a status area that shows your targeting checkpoint and heading to it. If it did not change you missed it. If the heading changes drastically (almost reverse) you missed it.As jd stated an outstand ack showing on the RC window will prevent waypoint credit even if you pass within the fly-by tolerance area.I also recommend keeping prerecorded chatter off but just use AI Chatter. Sometimes the continuous noise of the random prerecorded chatter causes a high CPU load that might cause RC to get tied up and miss crediting a waypoint. That depends on your hardware.