Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

TrackIR questions

Dan,I see you're running the MD-11 on FSX. Using this together with a TripleHead2Go you MUST run FSX in widescreen mode (setting in the fsx.cfg). That way you don't have to zoom back and therefore you're not sitting inside the seat.Regards,Markus
Thanks Markus, I never bothered trying this for some reason, I think because I never liked how far away things looked before the trip2go. I should have retried it since it definitely gives me a much better view with wideaspect set to True using the tr2go! I still cannot set the the volume on my radio stack (individual knobs) using VC. I tried it also on one monitor running at 1920x1200 and still cannot do this. I made a keyboard short to bring up a 2D for the radios and can set it that way, so not a problem. Do these knobs turn in VC mode?The only problem with wide=True, is that the outside magnification seems to be zoomed out majorly, making it seriously hit my fps (by about 10- fps) and also buildings and the runway appear to be much further away affecting the realism of the aspect ratio. I'll play around with it more tonight. So regardless of fps since even with a -10 hit (or so) I can live with it and it's still smooth enough. Here you and others can see my delema and choice. Since the outside view seems so stretched with wide=True, I still lean toward the =false + Zoomed out and leaned back method.(Click the picture to see the full size 5040x1050)MD-11 with wide=false and not being zoomed out at all (Although I am leaning back slightly, so you can see a touch of the cockpit).wide_false_default_z_thumb.jpgMD-11 with Wide=false and zoomed all the way out (My current favorite choice since the outside seems much better scaled).wide_false_maxzoomout_thumb.jpgMD-11 with Wide=True & Default magnification. Much better FOV (Field of View), but buildings and terrain is stretched what looks like to me to be way out of scale.wide_true_default_z_thumb.jpgHere are a couple of the Carenado C Skylane 182 RG II.The Carenado C Skylane 182 RG II with Wide=True and Default magnification.wide_true_default_182_thumb.jpgThe Carenado C Skylane 182 RG II with Wide=False and zoomed all the way out (current preferred, once again due to what looks like outside scale being better and more realistic).wide_false_maxzoomout_182_thumb.jpgI wish there was a way to set the panels independently without affecting the outside aspect ratio (Scale). Or maybe there is, I just have yet to find it. Perhaps I can just resize some files in PS? I might try that tonight also, but with a default aircraft. If I can resize the gauge textures to scale the adjustments I make to the panels (a lot of work) it might work but it may also offset the clickable areas (zones) I would imagine.
Hi Dan!I see you have invested in TrackIR. It

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan,The second one : I manually adjusted the zoom factor, and then saved the view and assigned it to a yoke button. So every time I hit this button, I get the same zoom setting.
Oops ! Reading Leffe's comment, I realized that the "save view" function I mentionned is in fact an active camera function. Sorry about that. Hope it's clearer now.Bruno

Dan,thanks for the screenshots. It has been a while since I've last used a TH2Go setup, but I'm sure that MY view was not zoomed back that far, from your screenshot it looks too wide indeed. Then again I didn't use the same screen resolution, mine was 1280x1024 three times. So yeah widescreen setting might not be the best for your then...Regarding the volume buttons, I'll have to check as I never use them in FSX since they don't do anything. Unfortunately the ATC volume can not be changed from inside the simulation.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Regarding the volume buttons, I'll have to check as I never use them in FSX since they don't do anything. Unfortunately the ATC volume can not be changed from inside the simulation.
Really? Strange, I normally turn up the volume of the marker, ILS and comm2 knobs to hear the ILS morse code identifier better. I thought I noticed a difference, but then again it could have been a placebo effect since I have noticed it wasn't much at all.Also glad you were able to see the screenshots. My host server is going under lots of maintenance this weekend and has been down a lot the last 24 hrs.Edit: I forgot to mention, I ran it in 3840x1024 (1280x1024 x's 3) and the view was much better FOV wise as well as exterior. I'm content now and prefer the higher res but wanted to update this so others understand that the problem mentioned is only because the 5040x1050 resolution and not an FSX/PMDG or TrackIR issue.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier