Sign in to follow this  
geckuz

A couple of question about autopilot commands

Hello Brian,first of all, great job! The best addon for the best aircraft ;)I have some problems with the "set speed" and "set heading" commands. E.G. if I want to tell the copilot to set a speed for me, first of all I issue the "Engage speed select" command without any problem. Then I say "Set Speed two two zero", but nothing happens. Same for heading. I've already trained the voice recognition with the procedure explained in the FAQs, but nothing changed for this command.A Request: Is it possible to add a Flight directors off command? Would be a nice addition for visual approaches ;)Another thing, when I exit flight simulator, I receive a GDI+ error ( Memory could not be written).RegardsStefano Rossi

Then I say "Set Speed two two zero", but nothing happens. Same for heading. I've already trained the voice recognition with the procedure explained in the FAQs, but nothing changed for this command.
Hello StefanoIs your command "set speed two zero zero" recognised correctly, meaning is it visible on the green bar (switch on DSP from the Main panel to see it) ?banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Hello StefanoIs your command "set speed two zero zero" recognised correctly, meaning is it visible on the green bar (switch on DSP from the Main panel to see it) ?banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png
no, it is not visible in the green bar :(... any suggestions?

Have you had similar problems with other "three number" commands like "arm flight level two zero zero" or "set course two zero zero" ?banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Have you had similar problems with other "three number" commands like "arm flight level two zero zero" or "set course two zero zero" ?banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png
Yes, absolutely. set course produces nothing also, with the flight level I get different results (E.G: once I said 240 ant it was set to 4000, another time it was set to 2400), never tried with "Altitude"... I noticed launching the Reco tool of the speech engine, that "to" and "two" are very often confused, even if I use an almost right pronunciation.These are the words (one per line) that for now I have inserted and spelled a few times as per FAQ procedure:select, set , speed, arm, auto, heading, alpha, bravo, one ,two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, zero, flight ,level, transition,now, line, gear, up,retract, flaps, slats, landingquite all of them work well now ( I had an hard time with "auto" at the beginning :( )

Yes, absolutely. set course produces nothing also, with the flight level I get different results (E.G: once I said 240 ant it was set to 4000, another time it was set to 2400), never tried with "Altitude"... I noticed launching the Reco tool of the speech engine, that "to" and "two" are very often confused, even if I use an almost right pronunciation.These are the words (one per line) that for now I have inserted and spelled a few times as per FAQ procedure:select, set , speed, arm, auto, heading, alpha, bravo, one ,two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, zero, flight ,level, transition,now, line, gear, up,retract, flaps, slats, landingquite all of them work well now ( I had an hard time with "auto" at the beginning :( )
Stefano:Do you have success with any of the "Set ILS/VOR/Loacalizer on NAV 2" commands?JamesP.S. - Bryan, I had to ask ;-)

They are also not recognized... If it is a spelling proble, have you guys any suggestion for me?

Make certain you are using a good mic in a quiet room background noise can mess a mic up. I have had no problems with them, I use a headset mic (logitech).

They are also not recognized... If it is a spelling proble, have you guys any suggestion for me?
Hey Bryan - you think it is just a coincidence that geckuz can't get the "Set ILS/VOR/LOC on NAV 2" to work either?Geckuz - I have the same issue. What are the details of your system? Mine is FS9, Win XP SP2, SB Audigy soundcard which the mic runs into.James

Hi Guys,I am having all sorts of problems to.I can get "Set Heading....." and "Set Altitude....." to work, but it just doesn't like "Set Flight Level......" or "Set Speed......."I tried for 20 minutes saying it in various accents, and slowly/quickly. More voice training (which recognises all the words without problems).I am using a good E-Dimensional Headset, which worked fine with Voice Buddy.I will see if I can borrow another headset and see if it makes a difference.Neil

beta.gif

Hi Guys,I am having all sorts of problems to.I can get "Set Heading....." and "Set Altitude....." to work, but it just doesn't like "Set Flight Level......" or "Set Speed......."I tried for 20 minutes saying it in various accents, and slowly/quickly. More voice training (which recognises all the words without problems).I am using a good E-Dimensional Headset, which worked fine with Voice Buddy.I will see if I can borrow another headset and see if it makes a difference.Neil
Hello Neil,Please check the manual.The correct phrase is:"Arm flight level ___________" not 'set'.Same with altitude:"Arm Altitude _____""Set Speed____ " should work though.

Sorry Bryan,Bad typing,I was reading the commands straight out of the operations manual, and even using "Arm" they don't work.I have ordered a new Headset in the hope that a new mic might help matters.Half the commands seem to work, half don't.I have spent over an hour training my voice in SAPI, and it seems to work, as I can dictate into Word almost perfectly. Then, when flying, again, it won't recognise half the commands!I'll let you know when my new headset arrives.Weird thing is, we had a voice based simulator at our Air Traffic Control College (over 15 years ago) and it worked just fine with my voice, but it was British based. Can't see why I can't get this working.ThanksNeil

beta.gif

Sorry Bryan,Bad typing,I was reading the commands straight out of the operations manual, and even using "Arm" they don't work.I have ordered a new Headset in the hope that a new mic might help matters.Half the commands seem to work, half don't.I have spent over an hour training my voice in SAPI, and it seems to work, as I can dictate into Word almost perfectly. Then, when flying, again, it won't recognise half the commands!I'll let you know when my new headset arrives.Weird thing is, we had a voice based simulator at our Air Traffic Control College (over 15 years ago) and it worked just fine with my voice, but it was British based. Can't see why I can't get this working.ThanksNeil
Hi Neil,It should work. You've seen Cyril's videos I assume.Only extra thing I can think of is that you're not in the 'mode' for the commands to work.Remember for a lot of them you have to be in the right 'mode' as displayed in the FS2Crew manual.And in many cases the wheels need to be off the ground.What does the Green Bar say when you say "Arm Flight Level One Five Zero".

Hi Bryan,I am in the mode!When airborne, I can access half the commands. I can always set the heading, without any problems, but I can never Arm a flight level, or set the speed.I am hoping that it is my microphone. I does seem to pick up a lot of noise from all around (it even picks up noise from within the headset).I will let you know when I get the new headset what happens.I just started a new flight, and it was all ok until I tried the "After Engine Start Check". It took me about 20 attempts for this phrase to register.I speak the perfect Queens english, and even tried putting on an American accent :( My pilots at work (ATC) never seem to have problems understanding me (although they still ignore me from time to time :( ).I'll get back to you when my new headset has arrivedThanksNeil

beta.gif

Hi Bryan,I am in the mode!When airborne, I can access half the commands. I can always set the heading, without any problems, but I can never Arm a flight level, or set the speed.I am hoping that it is my microphone. I does seem to pick up a lot of noise from all around (it even picks up noise from within the headset).I will let you know when I get the new headset what happens.I just started a new flight, and it was all ok until I tried the "After Engine Start Check". It took me about 20 attempts for this phrase to register.I speak the perfect Queens english, and even tried putting on an American accent :( My pilots at work (ATC) never seem to have problems understanding me (although they still ignore me from time to time :( ).I'll get back to you when my new headset has arrivedThanksNeil
Hi Neil,I'd put my money on the headset being the issue. I'd also suggest upgrading to Windows 7 as I think Vista/Win 7 ships with a higher version of SAPI than that which is available for XP... but don't hold me to that.As you can see from Cyril's videos, his accent is pretty French, and the voice recognition system is understanding him very well.So your non-American accent isn't a factor.