Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Some simple questions

On a different post in the FSX forum I explained how the first and last time I installed FSX I was unable to get Simconnect to work and how I was going to do a clean reinstall to seeif this time it would finally work.So this time FSX Gold was installed, rebooted, did flight, followed by installation of Acceleration Packwhich apparently incorporates SP2, another reboot and subsequent flight.When in full screen mode at any given airport I cannot see anything related to simconnect on anyof the pull down menus, there was however a Multiplayer screen similar to that on FS9.So the first question would be, how do I know if simconnect is correctly installed and working?Been reading some posts in this forum which recommend installation of SDK package SP2 which I have done. So what next? The sim works very well but would love to be able to fully migrate to FSX and continue my Vatsim life. If this doesn't happen for me FSX will be of no use to me except for the ocassional offlineflight and that would be a pitty. An idiots guide on how to proceed would be much appreciated.An idiots guide on how to proceed would be much appreciated. PC specs below. ACPI x64-based PCMicrosoft Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)Asus P5E3 WS Pro Motherboard Chipset Intel Beachwood X38DIMM1: Corsair XMS3 DHX CM3X2G1333C9DHX 2 GB DDR3-1066 DDR3 SDRAM (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-18 @ 457 MHz)DIMM3: Corsair XMS3 DHX CM3X2G1333C9DHX 2 GB DDR3-1066 DDR3 SDRAM (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-18 @ 457 MHz)NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB)SAMSUNG HD501LJ ATA Device (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)ST3500320AS ATA Device (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II) Many thanks & regards

SimConnect is built into FSX, if it's all working you shouldn't notice anything. I don't fly on VATSIM myself, but have you tried just simply running your VATSIM client of choice (that uses SimConnect, as I said, I don't fly on VATSIM, so I can't help you there :( )? If everything was installed correctly, you shouldn't have any problems.There is no reason to look for solutions to problems you don't have

SimConnect is built into FSX, if it's all working you shouldn't notice anything. I don't fly on VATSIM myself, but have you tried just simply running your VATSIM client of choice (that uses SimConnect, as I said, I don't fly on VATSIM, so I can't help you there :( )? If everything was installed correctly, you shouldn't have any problems.There is no reason to look for solutions to problems you don't have

I have installed the client software correctly (FSInn) which is comprised of FSCopilot and FSInn. However the relevant copilot entries in the pull down menusare not there and the client is unable to connect to the sim. This is the reason why I am asking if there is any way of testing/finding out if copilotis installed and working correctly, otherwise why would I be asking?
My point exactly, that should have been mentioned that in your original post. From what I read in your original post, you had installed FSX and Acceleration, and you couldn't find any SimConnect related menu entries, which don't exist in a fresh install of FSX.SimConnect connection issues aren't my speciality, I'm sure someone else will be able to help you. I would start by checking if you have a firewall that blocks the connection, and trying some other application that uses SimConnect. There are a few included in the SDK, instructions on how to enable them should be with the SDK, and in several posts in this forum (I believe).

Guest napamule

I am trying to learn the inside-outs of Simconnect, so I won't give you a guess answer or suggestion. I am at a loss too. But on prior (problem) FSX Sp2 (Accel) install (Gold) I noticed I could not install FSUIPC4 and that is how I knew my Simconnect was hosed. Have you successfully installed FSUIPC4?I have FSX Deluxe installed and working but need to do leg work before I install Accel and SDK. This is so lame of MS. Knowing darn well the whole deal was screwed up and then quickly closing ACES so as to save support costs. It cost them me getting Win's 7. They think people won't find out by being hush-hush about FSX Simconnect problem. They don't realize that the net is a powerful communications network and info spreads like wild fires. They'll learn. Yeah, eventually we all will 'master' the Simconnect problem. But it leaves a bad taste in your mouth (and your mind) about they being 'Stuck On Stupid'. Ha.CBNapamule