Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erich22

Thinking about REX 2.0

Guest Erich22

I have been thinking about getting REX 2. Will it work on Windows 7 64bit?Any major issues with the program overall? Is there a new version coming out soon? And finally, are there any other products that are better?Thanks.

I'd say: go and buy it! In my opinion this is one of the best addons out there for FSX (dunno about FS9, but I have read only great comments). I am using it myself without any issues with Win7 64bit.Can't imagine my FSX without REX textures!

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Hi,I'm using REX 2.0 on my system as well, it's one of the better addons out there for FSX. My system specs are below, I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with no issues.

I have been thinking about getting REX 2. Will it work on Windows 7 64bit?Any major issues with the program overall? Is there a new version coming out soon? And finally, are there any other products that are better?Thanks.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Right now there is no real contender for REX... The only similar program that comes close in SOME regards, is FEX (personally I like the FEX clouds more somehow) but REX has a lot more options (like in FEX you can only select a sky, while in REX you can select sunrise, day and sunset for skies, and REX comes with airport enhancements too). And then I'm only taking about graphics: REX 2 also has a weather engine. I own both but if I had to chose one now, I'd get REX without question.About new versions: they are working on new things for REX, yes, no ETA though, but FEX is dead: the devs left the FSX-building. REX is the only option, really. :(

I'm also considering REX 2.0. I got a new rig and I'm reintroducing myself to FSX now that it's playable with decent settings. I installed UTX USA a week ago and WOW! My question is: will REX 2.0 be worthwhile in DX9? Their web site isn't too clear on this concerning their water textures. DX10 is out of the question for me since the tearing destroys the TrackIR experience. (Also next week my new gtx 275 arrives :(). Thanks for reading.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I'm also considering REX 2.0. I got a new rig and I'm reintroducing myself to FSX now that it's playable with decent settings. I installed UTX USA a week ago and WOW! My question is: will REX 2.0 be worthwhile in DX9? Their web site isn't too clear on this concerning their water textures. DX10 is out of the question for me since the tearing destroys the TrackIR experience. (Also next week my new gtx 275 arrives :( ). Thanks for reading.
Dont think about it just get it you wont look back and yes its amazing in DX9, I run my sim as per Nick Ns setup with DX9 and REX 2.0 is brilliant, it adds a whole new dimension to the sim in terms of realism. And no I dont work for them.

Keithy George

I have both FEX and REX2, and I find clouds in REX2 look unnatural, overcooked, especially the 3D sets. To be fair, I stopped after trying only 5 or 6 cloud sets and a few sky sets. I do like the weather generator in REX2 so use that, plus alternate taxiways, and runways etc from REX2. I think FEX's clouds and a few sky sets look best overall to my eyes.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X