Sign in to follow this  
basque1

Changing AI Traffic Labels

Hey everyone,I would like to know how to change the manufacturer label that appears over the AI traffic while it is in flight.For example the majority of my AI traffic comes up and says something like Aardvark Boeing 737, FSPainter A319, TheFruitStand or things of that nature.I do not in anyway want to discredit the creators of these aircraft but I would like while Im flying to be able to see the name of the company of the planes I am seeing. For example Southwest 737, Air France 747 etc. I am somewhat knowledgeable in the cfg files and Im fairly certain that is where these changes would take place but I dont know which lines to edit.Thanks in advance.

Nope. The AI tags arent controlled by the acft.cfg files.You need to change some entries in the fs9.cfg, entries that cant be set from within the standard FS settings options.Look for the [ACONTAIN] entries, and set what you need. Enter 1 or 0 to activate or deactiveate the items.You can even display the legs performed (for instance EGLL-KORD) by setting flightplan=1 (the value is at 0 by defaut) and many other infos.There used to be a small tool released with the fs9 SDK, called TrafficToolBox if I remember well, which did this also.That was a module inside FS, but you dont need it if you know where those entries hide in the fs9.cfg file.the ATC_AIRLINE in the acft.cfg is pointing to the correponding aural callsign that the ATC uses, the one you can listen, provided its included in the USenglish.gvp filelocated in the FS Sound folder.

I would recommend the free Traffic Toolbox utility from Microsoft.You can of course edit the entries under the [AContain] label in your FS9.cfg file but that is a permament change (until you edit them again).The Traffic Toolbox utility allows you to select what info you want displayed - while you are flying - and change it at will. There may be times when you want more or less data displayed on the "label" and this utility makes it ever so easy to do so.You can get the TTbox utility here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...x_sdk_setup.exeInstall it anywhere and then place a copy of the Traffictoolbox.dll in your Modules folder. That will give you a new option called Tools on the menu bar at the top of your screen when in windowed mode.Enjoy!

Hi,The data contained in the tags IS controlled by each aircraft.cfg file. What tags you want displayed in FS IS controlled by the fs9.cfg file.So do you want to change the data of the tags or which tags are displayed?

That's correct, SOME data of the displayed AI labels are contained in the aircraft.cfg: 1)the airline, 2)the manufacturer and 3)aircraft type, only these three. All the others infos like flight number, flight leg, etc are taken directly from the AI flightplan coded in the relevant .bgl, that's what I meant.And those last informations (flight number, flight leg) have nothing to do with the aircraft.cfg. The atc_id entry is only aimed for UI aircraft.So, either TrafficToolBox or modifying the fs9.cfg can help for what I think the original poster was asking about.

Wow thanks for the quick responses. I changed the options in the fs9.cfg file and that worked for what I wanted to accomplish. I took off the manufacturer and added the airline and the flightplan just for fun.However I am interested in the Traffic Toolbox and will look at it at some point. What else does the Traffic Toolbox do?JSkorna, I would like to do both. Ive got the airline showing on the label now but a few of them are still inaccurate (abbreviations for example) and I would like to know how to edit that. Is that part of the aircraft.cfg file?Thanks guys

However I am interested in the Traffic Toolbox and will look at it at some point. What else does the Traffic Toolbox do?
One of the best features is the "explore" option. Clicking on it will show you a list of all active AI traffic in the area as well as their state (sleep, taxi out, take off, enroute, landing, taxi-in etc. etc.) and estimated departure/arrival times plus much more. You can also display which traffic file (and it's location) is being used to control each active AI craft.By clicking on any entry you are taken to a spot view of that aircraft and can watch it as long as it is in your area. The view can be changed easily with your hat switch.I find it invaluable to check flightplans or to just sit back and watch AI craft takeing off or landing. Landing is especially fun as you can see the spoilers and reverse thrusters at work on aircraft so equipted.For me it is a "must have" utility. :(

Thanks Opa, I downloaded it and installed it and now I find myself watching the AI taking off and landing while I am cruising past a certain area, its a fun way to pass some time. Ive done some reading about the program and the features it has. I thought I read where you can create/edit the flightplans of AI aircraft using this program. Is this true? I havent been able to figure out how to do it. I recently created my first livery for the default 737-400 and have been trying to create a .bgl file where I could place it at an airport and get it to fly a route between airports.

Hi,You can edit AI using it, but not create new AI (AFAIK).You should download TTools and read the manual - it will answer most of your questions about creating AI flight plans.Hope this helps,