Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

UTX or Ground Environment X Europe ?

HiI like flying the 747 8i in Europe. I am thinking of getting UTX or GEX.What is the better one or are they about the same?Your thoughts please

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

They serve different purposes, and you would be best off with both.GEX upgrades textures and autogen.UTX upgrades landclass, waterclass, roads, coastlines, ect.If you were to pick only one, I would go with UTX, you will see the biggest change over default FSX.

I didn't notice much of a hit when installing GEX Europe, but UTX with overzealous settings can really hit performance... I have both, but my E8500 will not allow me to push the UTX settings too far without a hit on performance. You have to find your sweet spot. Ten people, 10 opinions... UTX does change default a lot, but the changed textures do also... I would strongly recommend a texture upgrade in Europe along with the much improved landclass of UTX and so on...Given the assumption that you aim to fly fast and high in the 747 8i, as opposed to low and slow, I think you might find GEX to be the better, should you wish to go for one only. Check out the product presentation screenshots and see what you think. UTX is great for VFR and low/slow ops as the improved landclass makes the terrain look better, allowing you to follow roads exactly and so on, using a standard road map if you don't have real world sectionals and charts... Without different textures though, FSX looks really weird in parts of Europe out of summer in particular...As I said, I purchased both and set everything to keep performance at an optimum...Andrew

I also run both, and yes, they are two totally different addons that compliment each other. I wish FTX had a USA released, since I love their AUS.Anywho, I don't see any FPS loss with both GEX & UTX (I also run FSGenesis 10m mesh). The only thing you may need to tweak that can hit fps on systmes is the traffic and night lighting. Other than that I run it per NickN's FSX tuneup and they are great.One thing though, and this is also default FS textures. The winter textures in general seem to be much heavier on any system I have played with than the other seasons. I haven't dug into why yet, but imagine the texture sizes are bigger or prehaps there is something else going on with the winter theme I may not know about.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I wish FTX had a USA released, since I love their AUS.
They are about to come out with scenery for North America, it will be for the upper Northwest region of US & include portions of Canada. It will have Portland, Seattle and a few other cities in the both countries. It looks sweet.

I have GEX and UTX for USA, and I love them both. I got UTX first, and it adds a lot of realisim by adding streets, allow cities to be autogen'd with more realistic desnsity, adds real roads and things like that, and the night lighting is just awesome. I added GEX and it just adds more realistic buildings and really makes it look more true to life. I am thinking about adding UTX Europe, but I am torn to get that or maybe FSGenesis, or start getting FTX's stuff for Australia.But anyway, back to your point, definate +1 for GEX and UTX together, they work together well and seemlessly.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I have FTX and UTX, the night lighting in FTX is much better. Has a few light styles and sizes to choose from, also the light poles are more visible. I love flying in FTX scenery, and they are about to come out with scenery for North America.

I have FTX and UTX, the night lighting in FTX is much better. Has a few light styles and sizes to choose from, also the light poles are more visible. I love flying in FTX scenery, and they are about to come out with scenery for North America.
I look forward to it, I just wish they were starting with the North East side ;-)I'd love to see the more urban areas of the US more than forests personally, like Boston, New York, Chicago etc...On another note. Does using their night lighting for AUS, overwrite the global night lighting? In other words, I use UTX night lighting and am 1 of probably a very small group that doesn't quite like it and am seeking an alternate, but I am looking for something more global so I see the effects in the US. Just curious if you know if thier lights work for all, or just AUS thanks.PS. The AUS version I have is just Demo at the moment.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier