Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Momentary Artifacts While Exterior Panning

Hi,Well, my system was running very good after adding the Bufferpools=0 mod. But I've always had a small problem with artifacts momentarily flashing on the screen while panning. I've spent days changing drivers, hundreds of OS/FS restarts and I've come to the conclusion that the drivers were not the problem.I've finally found the culprit on "MY" system, it turned out to be the following tweak.[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=7At AffinityMask=7 I would see momentary artifacts while panning, I could reproduce this problem at will.I then tried the following[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14At AffinityMask=14 I would get at the most one or two artifacts that would momentarily flash on the screen while panning. The artifact problem was greatly reduced.If I remove these two lines from my config file all-together, I do not get any artifacts flashing on the screen while panning.Since this is now fixed, I guess I'll go and upgrade my Nvidia drivers back to 196.34.It worked for me, it may work for you. Well, time to reinstall some drivers.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=7
Have you tried AffinityMask=12? it's been discussed on several threads.. I did it because my computer (under load) was showing that processors 2 and 3 (the last 2) were the ones running COOLER.. so, a fair assumption was to think that they were the 'least used' on my system, so, having FSX use them seemed like a good idea and the result was really good.I remember, after I tried this for the very first time I googled the string to see who else tried it and a post from Avsim came up (from JohnCli) suggesting very good results after using it. I've been using like for the past 3 months without any problems.

Hi *******, I just got the Nvidia drivers 196.34 back in, I'll give 12 a try but 7 is very bad on my system, 14 is better but I still see a couple of artifacts. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have you tried AffinityMask=12? it's been discussed on several threads.. I did it because my computer (under load) was showing that processors 2 and 3 (the last 2) were the ones running COOLER.. so, a fair assumption was to think that they were the 'least used' on my system, so, having FSX use them seemed like a good idea and the result was really good.I remember, after I tried this for the very first time I googled the string to see who else tried it and a post from Avsim came up (from JohnCli) suggesting very good results after using it. I've been using like for the past 3 months without any problems.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Well, 12 is just about the same as 14. I can live with one or two artifacts while panning. With af=14 or af=12 I get 22fps with smooth performance at KSEA in the Level-d 767-300. With AF removed from the config, I get 17fps with smooth performance.I'll run AF=12 and keep the 5fps, I don't pan that often where its a big deal. As far as AF=7, my system don't like that one bit.