Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Feel There ERJ V2 Night Lighting FSX

Been sitting on the fence with this aircraft for awhile now. I could use a good rejional jet but held off at first because I had seen the threads about lack of 64bit OS support. It seems like there are enough folks using it on 64 bit OS's that this reason for not buying has come to pass, however I have still not reached for my wallet becuse I also read that the FSX versions night lighting in the VC is not modeled well; or at least rumored not to be modeled well. This is a serious concern for me as I do like flying at night and the idea of flying around with the "dome light on" is still a deal breaker for me.I see where Feel There has released SP2 and so I am asking owners of this aircraft if the FSX nigh lighting in the VC has been addressed?Respectfully,Robert

RE Thomason Jr.

i just bought it (well, my gf did for valentine's day) and its a FANTASTIC plane, you won't be disappointed... the night lighting it a little goofy, but everything else is awesome!!i'm running x64 OS too- paul

Guest firehawk44
Been sitting on the fence with this aircraft for awhile now. I could use a good rejional jet but held off at first because I had seen the threads about lack of 64bit OS support. It seems like there are enough folks using it on 64 bit OS's that this reason for not buying has come to pass, however I have still not reached for my wallet becuse I also read that the FSX versions night lighting in the VC is not modeled well; or at least rumored not to be modeled well. This is a serious concern for me as I do like flying at night and the idea of flying around with the "dome light on" is still a deal breaker for me.I see where Feel There has released SP2 and so I am asking owners of this aircraft if the FSX nigh lighting in the VC has been addressed?Respectfully,Robert
I have it installed on Windows 7 64 bit and have no problems (so far). Will let someone else comment on the night lighting as I very rarely fly at night so it's not an issue even if not fixed. Excellent manual. Best regards,Jim

The night lighting is disapointing. It seems that flood lights are on all the time, I would have liked to see a similar implementation as the PMDG MD11. But I otherwise agree, FT did a good job on this bird (I speak from experience as I am type rated on this lovely AC)RegardsJohn

Guest hmstiger
Nice plane yes. Night lighting blows. Looks like as if they peed on the panel.I wish they fixed it.
No dark cockpit at night. Floods on all the time. Developer doesn't feel that it's necessary to make that option available and has stated repeatedly they won't be making changes. They will point to a picture on Airliners.net as proof that pilots fly around with the floods on even though there are far more on that site without the glaring lights ruining night vision. I don't know a pilot who flies with the flodds on and I know several who fly for the Alaska and American.It's like driving your car around with the dome light on. Ruins the imersion for me. I'd buy the PMDG turbo prop for short flights instead if I were you. Excellent plane, a good hand flyer, and outstanding night lighting and in the same price range and lots of free liveries. Lots of fun to learn as well. Colin

No dark cockpit at night. Floods on all the time. Developer doesn't feel that it's necessary to make that option available and has stated repeatedly they won't be making changes. They will point to a picture on Airliners.net as proof that pilots fly around with the floods on even though there are far more on that site without the glaring lights ruining night vision. I don't know a pilot who flies with the flodds on and I know several who fly for the Alaska and American.It's like driving your car around with the dome light on. Ruins the imersion for me. I'd buy the PMDG turbo prop for short flights instead if I were you. Excellent plane, a good hand flyer, and outstanding night lighting and in the same price range and lots of free liveries. Lots of fun to learn as well. Colin
Thanks for the heads up, it's too bad they wont address this in a patch, what a shame. I already hve the PMDJ J41 and love it, was ooking for something with a little more speed and range. Looks like I'll hold out for either the LVLD 757 or the PMDG 737NG

RE Thomason Jr.

Just to put an alternative position to hmstiger's (though nothing in his/her post is inaccurate):Night lighting looks great to me. I fly some at night, some during the day. My immersion is 100%. The comparison with driving a car with the light on doesn't do it for me since a) I drive a car every day in the dark and :( I've never flown a RJ in my life. Like I said, immersion not affected here. I guess if I'd flown a bit, it might be different.I have a nice turboprop (ATR) and didn't want another.The ERJ is outstanding fun, and includes the "CALL" software as a freebie - a nice alternative to FSCrew, that adds a bunch to my immersion (and rather more, I might add, than the addition of a dark pit would). A great hand flyer too, with detailed (tho not 100% detailed - nor has the PMDG) systems. Fewer free liveries at the moment, yes, but FT are releasing a paintkit so it'll soon catch up. I won't buy the McPhat stuff, but it does look gorgeous.YMMV. If your deciding factor is a dark pit, then plainly that's that, and this baby ain't for you. If, otoh, you are prepared to look beyond that, I'd say give the ERJ a go. I really like it. And am surprised by the "night lighting is all that matters" view. But hey, some people eat Marmite.Edit: amazing... right-bracket-b means you get a smiley!

Paul Skol

Guest hmstiger
Just to put an alternative position to hmstiger's (though nothing in his/her post is inaccurate):Night lighting looks great to me. I fly some at night, some during the day. My immersion is 100%. The comparison with driving a car with the light on doesn't do it for me since a) I drive a car every day in the dark and :( I've never flown a RJ in my life. Like I said, immersion not affected here. I guess if I'd flown a bit, it might be different.I have a nice turboprop (ATR) and didn't want another.The ERJ is outstanding fun, and includes the "CALL" software as a freebie - a nice alternative to FSCrew, that adds a bunch to my immersion (and rather more, I might add, than the addition of a dark pit would). A great hand flyer too, with detailed (tho not 100% detailed - nor has the PMDG) systems. Fewer free liveries at the moment, yes, but FT are releasing a paintkit so it'll soon catch up. I won't buy the McPhat stuff, but it does look gorgeous.YMMV. If your deciding factor is a dark pit, then plainly that's that, and this baby ain't for you. If, otoh, you are prepared to look beyond that, I'd say give the ERJ a go. I really like it. And am surprised by the "night lighting is all that matters" view. But hey, some people eat Marmite.Edit: amazing... right-bracket-b means you get a smiley!
I love the ATR, btw. Showing its age though in the VC department. The various components don't fit well - I see the ground coming in through gaps around gauges and the AP annunciator. Great flying plane though. That's why the PMDG bird was so welcome. Best VC in simming right now.
I love the ATR, btw. Showing its age though in the VC department. The various components don't fit well - I see the ground coming in through gaps around gauges and the AP annunciator. Great flying plane though. That's why the PMDG bird was so welcome. Best VC in simming right now.
And I'd buy the ERJ in a heart beat if they fixed the night lighting....

I love the ATR, btw. Showing its age though in the VC department. The various components don't fit well - I see the ground coming in through gaps around gauges and the AP annunciator. Great flying plane though. That's why the PMDG bird was so welcome. Best VC in simming right now. And I'd buy the ERJ in a heart beat if they fixed the night lighting....
Oh no! I was hoping to avoid grabbing the PMDG bird... looks like the credit card might have to take a beating. I agree that the ATR shows its age. I should've kept shtumm :) You may have pushed me over the edge.

Paul Skol

Seems really silly to me to not update this bird to satisfy those who need it, and obviously it's an issue for some. How much coding is needed to add this I wonder?This has kept me from buying the aircraft, and has me looking at the PMDG offering in this class.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest hmstiger
Seems really silly to me to not update this bird to satisfy those who need it, and obviously it's an issue for some. How much coding is needed to add this I wonder?This has kept me from buying the aircraft, and has me looking at the PMDG offering in this class.Noel
In their defense, I think it involves a completely different set of panel textures. However, PMDG, Captain Sim and Level D all provide dark cockpits. So too the Flight 1 Mustang. It can be done.
Oh no! I was hoping to avoid grabbing the PMDG bird... looks like the credit card might have to take a beating. I agree that the ATR shows its age. I should've kept shtumm :) You may have pushed me over the edge.
Sorry....

In their defense, I think it involves a completely different set of panel textures. However, PMDG, Captain Sim and Level D all provide dark cockpits. So too the Flight 1 Mustang. It can be done.Sorry....
In their defense ? That plane costs more than the pmdg jetstream. Now, have you ever seen the cockpit of a pmdg plane ? Nuff said.

In their defense ? That plane costs more than the pmdg jetstream. Now, have you ever seen the cockpit of a pmdg plane ? Nuff said.
On the other hand, it offers features that Jetstream doesn't have. Ability to save FMC state, FMC HOLDs, customizable keyboard shortcuts, weather radar, 2D panels. Has better exterior textures too and you get FS9 version for free. Last time I checked, it costed roughly the same.All in all, developers have choice of which features they want to include (or can make), just like you have a choice of which planes you buy.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations