Sign in to follow this  
Guest smokeyd

Can't Activate Acceleration in Win 7 64 bit

Guest smokeyd

I loaded FSX and it activated fine. After loading Acceleration, the Activation routine would fail giving me the 1-80004005 error code. FSX would kick me out after 30 minutes. I Googled the problem and came up with the solution that has you remove any keys in the registery except "PartMgr". Activation then worked fine. After completing this, I reinstalled the keys in the registry that I deleted. Upon rebooting, Windows will go into a loop and will never boot. I have to restore using a partition image I created before hand. I've tried this several different ways and the results seem to be consistant. I cannot register Acceleration. Has anyone heard of a different fix to try for this problem?

I loaded FSX and it activated fine. After loading Acceleration, the Activation routine would fail giving me the 1-80004005 error code. FSX would kick me out after 30 minutes. I Googled the problem and came up with the solution that has you remove any keys in the registery except "PartMgr". Activation then worked fine. After completing this, I reinstalled the keys in the registry that I deleted. Upon rebooting, Windows will go into a loop and will never boot. I have to restore using a partition image I created before hand. I've tried this several different ways and the results seem to be consistant. I cannot register Acceleration. Has anyone heard of a different fix to try for this problem?
Try turning off any antivirus and also turn off UAC in W7 and see if Acceleration activates.

If McCrash's fix doesn't work the only thing I can think to do without possibly breaking something is to do an uninstall/reinstall of FSX and Acceleration (I just got done doing that myself and am waiting for the hundreds of addons to be installed...urgh...)

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

If McCrash's fix doesn't work the only thing I can think to do without possibly breaking something is to do an uninstall/reinstall of FSX and Acceleration (I just got done doing that myself and am waiting for the hundreds of addons to be installed...urgh...)
We are all to familiar with that pain!

I have to restore using a partition image I created before hand. I've tried this several different ways and the results seem to be consistant. I cannot register Acceleration. Has anyone heard of a different fix to try for this problem?
Yup: it has happened to me, Smokey. The fix is to type "msconfig" in the start menu "Search programs and Files" box: The System Configuration window will open: Click on the "Boot" tab: click in the "Safe boot" box, and also in the "Network" box at the bottom. When it boots into safe mode just launch FSX and you'll be able to activate without any issue!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest smokeyd
Yup: it has happened to me, Smokey. The fix is to type "msconfig" in the start menu "Search programs and Files" box: The System Configuration window will open: Click on the "Boot" tab: click in the "Safe boot" box, and also in the "Network" box at the bottom. When it boots into safe mode just launch FSX and you'll be able to activate without any issue!
Sorry, out of town for a little while.The suggestions all mentioned so far have not worked. I still get the same error code almost immediately after launching FSX once Acceleration has been installed. Reinstalling FSX doesn't help (FSX registers fine). The service packs work fine. Acceleration installs without error. As I said earlier, the registry hack does allow for activation, but makes the system squirrely. Upon reinstalling the deleted keys, Win 7 will no longer boot. So, that one doesn't work for me. I haven't sat on the phone with Microsoft, but I really want to avoid that at all costs. At this point, I wonder if there is a hack of some kind out there that will get the job done. Before anyone says it, I'm the retail owner of FSX and Acceleration, bought and paid for. I just want to be able to use it. It's actually the main reason I changed over to Win 7. I was running XP before with both installed. I wanted to use the DX-10 preview, hence the change to Win 7.

Sorry, out of town for a little while.The suggestions all mentioned so far have not worked. I still get the same error code almost immediately after launching FSX once Acceleration has been installed. Reinstalling FSX doesn't help (FSX registers fine). The service packs work fine. Acceleration installs without error. As I said earlier, the registry hack does allow for activation, but makes the system squirrely. Upon reinstalling the deleted keys, Win 7 will no longer boot. So, that one doesn't work for me. I haven't sat on the phone with Microsoft, but I really want to avoid that at all costs. At this point, I wonder if there is a hack of some kind out there that will get the job done. Before anyone says it, I'm the retail owner of FSX and Acceleration, bought and paid for. I just want to be able to use it. It's actually the main reason I changed over to Win 7. I was running XP before with both installed. I wanted to use the DX-10 preview, hence the change to Win 7.
I'm having the same issue wheither I try to activate Accel from safe or user mode. Did anyone found a fix for this issue???Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I still get the same error code almost immediately after launching FSX once Acceleration has been installed. The service packs work fine. Acceleration installs without error.
I just re-read your post here.... you say "the service packs work fine. Acceleration installs without error. "Are you telling us that you install SP1, then SP2, maybe SP3 - and then Acceleration?????From Microsoft's Discussion Group - Ian D:-
As far as the service packs are concerned, Acceleration will install into FSX+SP1, but will not install into FSX+SP1+SP2. The reason for this is that the SP1 code in Acceleration is the same as the stand alone SP1, but the stand-alone SP2 code is different from the Acceleration SP2 code.The SP2 in Acceleration was developed first and integrated into the Acceleration code. The stand-alone SP2 was developed later, by a different team.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I'm having the same issue wheither I try to activate Accel from safe or user mode. Did anyone found a fix for this issue???Bill M
I had the same problem and contacted Microsoft. I watched what they did over a remote connection. They edited the registry and I noticed a brief reference to "demo". Maybe that was the FSX demo I downloaded years ago and maybe that was stopping Acceleration from activating. Anyway they fixed it in no time and after all you are entitled to their help. I was quite impressed since I live in New Zealand and the guy that fixed it was in Malaysia.Clive N

Hey, I had the same issue and it turned out to be that I never activated my FSX once I went and activated ACC installed fine.