Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

FS2004 and GForce 2 MX graphics cards?

I have read recently that FS2004 no longer fully supports the GForce 2 MX graphics cards as these cards were only DirectX 7.0 compatible, and FS2004 now requires cards compatible with DirectX 8.0 and above. The result apparantly is that certain functions of the new graphics engine, which we have all got excited about through press releases and numerous screenshots, will not display correctly e.g. water reflections, sun glare spots etc. etc. - possibly even the new cloud engine?Is the above true and what other features are rendered useless? Has anyone with a GForce 2 MX card tried with FS2004 and can they comment on the above?If the above is the case then what graphics card / chip would be needed as a minimum to get the full benefit from FS2004 bearing in mind limitations of an older motherboard etc. - any suggestions? One would need to take such additional costs into the equation when considering the benefits or otherwise of upgrading !Whilst GForce 2 MX cards are I realise fairly 'old hat' by now, my 64 MB MX400 card, and AMD 1.2Mhz processor has served well for the last two years and perhaps I will have to give FS2004 a miss until time comes to buy another PC !!!!! What sadness !Thanks in advance for any advice received,Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373