Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HyperionXL

Fun, Short Flights

I'm new to FS in general, currently playing on FSX, and am looking for some fun, short flights to explore the FS world in, as well as gain some experience in the cockpit (most of my flights are taken in the Mooney Bravo). I'm using FSPassengers to slowly level myself up to Jets, as well as give some some meaning and sense of accomplishment when I land.So, what are some of your favorite takeoff - landing spots?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Laguardia and Dulles. McCarran and Phoenix. Atlanta and Dulles. Denver to Salt Lake City. Boston to Laguardia. Now these are great for short hops in jets though NYC to DC isn't that far in a Mooney, maybe an hour and a half.

I find Destination Finder a great tool to find places to go. You can set lots of things like min/max distance, type of airport, general direction etc. Found some links at http://flightsimstuff.blogspot.com/2009/05...inder-free.htmlIt gives you the option of choosing a random start location. Also the missions (built in or 3rd party) are great for when you don't have a lot of time or simply don't know where to fly.

TNCM to TFFJ! Best short hop there is!(about 10-15 minutes with proper procedures) I don't know if the flytampa's scenery work in FSX, but look into it.